Thread: [Solved] ModuleLogin & getRelated('jumpTo') error after Upgrading to 3.3.6

Default [Solved] ModuleLogin & getRelated('jumpTo') error after Upgrading to 3.3.6

Hi there,

i had a contao website in the 2.9.x version.
    I decided to do an upgrade to the latest version 3.3.6

Everything is working quite fine except one thing, i can't use the frontend login, when i try ( with right or wrong login/pass info) i got this error message

Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Field jumpTo does not seem to be related thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Model.php on line 540
    My Login Module is configured to have a jumpTo page. (i tried also to create a new login module)
    i can't understand this error, any idea ?
    Last edited by vmulot; 11/21/2014 at 16:50.

Are you able to reproduce the behavior in the Contao online demo, too?
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

No, i just tried and it seems to work on the online demo.

it's really weird :s

Any idea on how i can debug that ?
    this getRelated thing wasn't here in 2.9, i can't understand how it's working with the ModuleLogin, if someone can explain that to me so i can try to debug my pb?

thanks !

How did you perform the update, manually or through the Live Update Service? If there are some obsolete files left over from the previous installation, make sure to remove them. After that, run the Contao check and validate the installation. Keep an eye for missing or corrupt files.

When running the Contao install tool the database is up-to-date?
    → Support options

I did the update manually, i did a backup of the old site, installed the new version in a new folder, and connect to the "old" database. No obsolete files. (except custom modules)
    Contao check is ok, install is up to date.

And for the database, except some alter table for the tags ext. and quickpoll/slideshow (i disabled quickpoll & slideshow2)

Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Field jumpTo does not seem to be related thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/Model.php on line 540
    Is this the complete error message that you get or is there a stack trace too?
    → Support options

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    Code:
    Is this the complete error message that you get or is there a stack trace too?
    Hm sorry here is the full message:

Code:
    #0 system/modules/core/modules/ModuleLogin.php(84): Contao\Model->getRelated('jumpTo')
    #1 system/modules/core/elements/ContentModule.php(63): Contao\ModuleLogin->generate()
    #2 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Controller.php(468): Contao\ContentModule->generate()
    #3 system/modules/core/modules/ModuleArticle.php(196): Contao\Controller::getContentElement(Object(Contao\ContentModel), 'main')
    #4 system/modules/tags/modules/ModuleArticle.php(41): Contao\ModuleArticle->compile()
    #5 system/modules/core/modules/Module.php(163): Aurealis\ModuleArticle->compile()
    #6 system/modules/core/modules/ModuleArticle.php(59): Contao\Module->generate()
    #7 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Controller.php(404): Contao\ModuleArticle->generate(false)
    #8 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Controller.php(268): Contao\Controller::getArticle(Object(Contao\ArticleModel), false, false, 'main')
    #9 system/modules/core/pages/PageRegular.php(138): Contao\Controller::getFrontendModule('0', 'main')
    #10 index.php(260): Contao\PageRegular->generate(Object(Contao\PageModel), true)
    #11 index.php(444): Index->run()
    #12 {main}{
    thanks for helping !

Thanks. Could you deactivate the "Tags" extension just for a short test ("Settings" > "Inactive extensions") or run Contao in safe mode ("Settings" > "Run in safe mode"), i.e. without any third-party extensions?

Does the error still occur then?
    → Support options

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    Thanks. Could you deactivate the "Tags" extension just for a short test ("Settings" > "Inactive extensions") or run Contao in safe mode ("Settings" > "Run in safe mode"), i.e. without any third-party extensions?

Does the error still occur then?
    In safe mode, it worked ! I found the third-arty extension i need to check and it's a custom one i made. Now i need to find why
    Many many thanks !

Okay, fine.
    → Support options

It was in a module dca file i created for my ext.
    there was a new jumpTo field, i deleted this one, and all went fine

thanks a lot for your time
    my bad i didn't think to disable custom ext...

Quote Originally Posted by vmulot View Post
    ...and connect to the "old" database. ...
    Don't connect to the old database, connect to a new one after you imported your DB-dump in there.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Don't connect to the old database, connect to a new one after you imported your DB-dump in there.
    Yeah that's i wanted to say (sorry for my english )