Thread: Frontend error – what is it and how to fix it?

User

Default Frontend error – what is it and how to fix it?

Hi, I get the following error in the frontend. I have the suspicion that it relates to the pages being protected?

I'm not a web programmer, so I'm hoping for help to see what's wrong here. Many thanks.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Invalid connection resource' in /home/fightforsight/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php:79 Stack trace: #0 /home/fightforsight/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Mysql.php(359): Contao\Database\Statement->__construct(Resource id #50, false) #1 /home/fightforsight/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database.php(177): Contao\Database\Mysql->createStatement(Resource id #50, false) #2 /home/fightforsight/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/FrontendUser.php(103): Contao\Database->prepare('UPDATE tl_membe...') #3 [internal function]: Contao\FrontendUser->__destruct() #4 {main} thrown in /home/fightforsight/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 79

Could you provide some more information, please? Which Contao version, installed extensions and so on. Seems to be a good idea to check your installation.

Do you still get the error message if you run Contao in safe mode (system settings)? What third-party extensions do you have installed?

And please specify the Contao version!
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Thanks for the replies!

True: no errors in safe mode.

I'm running Contao 3.3.6. I've got nothing installed in the Extension manager.BUT, I've got MetaModels installed, plus a template http://www.premium-contao-themes.com...s/quantum.html

The site seems to work ok otherwise. So, I'm sot sure whether to investigate this further for now. Both MetaModels and the template seem very 'big' things, so either of them could interfere. Any idea which one it would be?

Can you show a screenshot of the installed extensions ("Settings" > "Inactive extensions")?
    → Support options

User

Thank you for your reply.

My goodness, there is a million of them...

http://new.fightforsight.org.uk/extensions.png

I guess I could just try an de-activate one-by-one to see when the error disappears?

Quote Originally Posted by spirelli View Post
    My goodness, there is a million of them...
    Yes, that's quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by spirelli View Post
    I guess I could just try an de-activate one-by-one to see when the error disappears?
    That's what I would do as well.

I've found several bug reports regarding this error, mostly related to third-party extensions.
    → Support options