Thread: Create a Login

New user

Default Create a Login

Hi there. We have some presentations on our website, which have always been public accessible. Now we want to change this. Is it possible to hide this presentations and only show them, if someone enters a password?

If there are more details needed, just ask.

Thank you for every tip

In Back end -> Account Manager -> Member Groups, Members

For the elements/articles that you want to make available only for logged members, you have "Access protection" option when you define element inside the articles. Check "Protect element" box, and choose to which group will be element available.

Of course, you should put a Login form for members somewhere in Front-End page.
    Last edited by tetrijeb; 04/02/2015 at 17:17.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by tetrijeb View Post
    In Back end -> Account Manager -> Member Groups, Members

For the elements/articles that you want to make available only for logged members, you have "Access protection" option when you define element inside the articles. Check "Protect element" box, and choose to which group will be element available.

Of course, you should put a Login form for members somewhere in Front-End page.
    I use html code to make login form and java script to make validation of login and it works in online html tester but in contao java script did not work under html.
    Can someone help me with this?
    Thanks

New user

Quote Originally Posted by EIC View Post
    Hi there. We have some presentations on our website, which have always been public accessible. Now we want to change this. Is it possible to hide this presentations and only show them, if someone enters a password?

If there are more details needed, just ask.

Thank you for every tip
    Did you solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by ehliba View Post
    I use html code to make login form...
    You should not do this. Use the FE member management for this. See on http://demo.contao.org/en/

Do you have problems with inserting JS into an HTML CE or module? See allowed tags in settings. Also you can try to implement a file with {{file::myfile.php}} into an HTML CE or module. Search for "contao insert tags".
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    You should not do this. Use the FE member management for this. See on http://demo.contao.org/en/

Do you have problems with inserting JS into an HTML CE or module? See allowed tags in settings. Also you can try to implement a file with {{file::myfile.php}} into an HTML CE or module. Search for "contao insert tags".
    Dear Andreas,
    thanks for reply, yes i have problem with inserting JS into an HTML code. It deletes it.Unfortunately I don't have administrator rights as I only maintain the page with the content.
    But I got the requirement to allow certain content on one page only with login and password.
    I am not sure that I know how to implement a file with {{file::myfile.php}}but I try it
    In the meantime I made file like e.g. secure.php that has basic code for login, login verification and redirect to page but I don't how to implement it into contao. Please can you help me with this?
    Last edited by ehliba; 05/03/2016 at 12:55.

If you don't have admin rights you should contact the admin.

No, I can not help you with this. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Simply use the member management of conato. All you need is build in.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

anyway thanks for reply!

Quote Originally Posted by ehliba View Post

anyway thanks for reply!
    Why ? It should be "wow that's great" as you don't need to write such a security risky piece of code.
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Why ? It should be "wow that's great" as you don't need to write such a security risky piece of code.
    :>) that's great: but as i said before I don't have admin password to work with member management

Mmh, sorry, but that sounds strange to me - no admin but setting up php scripts for handling member accounts.
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Mmh, sorry, but that sounds strange to me - no admin but setting up php scripts for handling member accounts.
    yes that's strange, as I only maintain the webpage built in contao. but i only want to accomplish the requirement given to me by trying to embed javasript into html. Am I suspicious?