Thread: Page Speed Insights

Default Page Speed Insights

Hi,

I'm optimizing the website with Page Speed Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/. And I would like to know what other people have done with the recommendations in the case of Contao.

I attach the report of the things I need to fix:

* Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

I'm using Typekit and also apply JQuery to some images to make a whole area a link. If I place the link to JS at the bottom of the fe_page then the clickable area doesn't respond, you have to click several times. Also there's a milisecond where you see the fonts without Typekit.

If I place the link to Typekit at the bottom of the fe_page then that gives me a better score and changes from red to yellow but still stuck in 71. Sometimes you see the base font in between the seconds the page loads.

I guess that I could do the clickable area just with CSS no JS for the images in the front page? The site is: assembly21.com

Is there another way to tackle this?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carolina; 04/22/2015 at 16:20.
    Carolina

Hi Carolina

maybe it's already to late to answer, but anyway..

I had the same problems a few months ago when I took over
    our company's website. after some small improvements we now
    have a score of 91/100 on mobile and 94/100 for desktop. only some
    GA, GTM and Facebook scripts are listed for fixing. but i think thats fine so far.

how have I done this:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    we're using gulp for our website. so every css, js and image is compressed, minified and concatenated.
    we simply solved the the render-blocking problem by asynch javascript and font loading and a gulptask
    wich reads the render blocking ressources of the webpage and load them in a style tag on fe_page.

I guess that I could do the clickable area just with CSS no JS for the images in the front page? The site is: assembly21.com
    I'm not sure if this problem still exists, if it is so, just write a comment.

all in all you're able to pimp contao's pageperformance massive with gulp (or maybe grunt). I'd definitely have a look on these tools.

I hope I could answer some of your questions.

cheers,
    dimitri