Thread: Multiple Filters in MetaModels

User

Default Multiple Filters in MetaModels

hi,

I have created a metamodel list and two filters. I can't get the second filter to only show options avialiable after the first filter has been applied.

I want to achieve a result like this. If I had a list of Training Courses I would want to filter then by Company department and them by job role within that department.

So on viewing a page I would see all training courses and if I would filter by department the second filter would only show job roles within that department and list would only show training courses in that department.

Then if I applied the second filter of a job role, the list would only show training courses for that job role.

How would I go about this?

Would I create a metamodel of department and then variants for the job roles and then assign these to a training course? Which filter would I use?

Would I create a metamodel of departments and a metamodel of job roles and then assign these to a training course. Which filter would I use?

Does metamodles even support multiple filtering. I notice it doesn't on the Movie database. I would expect that if I filtered by Genre, the second filter for director would then only show directors available in that Genre.

Thanks in advance
    Ben
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

New user

In the filter (simple lookup) you should find a checkbox named like "show only remaining" which should be exactly what you want.