Thread: E-mail works on one server, and not on another

New user

Default E-mail works on one server, and not on another

I have a site that is hosted on 2 servers, one was the development server and one is the customer's server.
    There is a contact form that works perfect on the development server using both php mailfunction or smtp.

On the customers server / live server the contact form doesn't do anything. Submitting the form doesn't show any error messages and does not send any e-mail. The settings between both sites are exactly the same in Contao.

The system/logs folder does not show any errors and "E-mail address of the system administrator*" is also filled out on both servers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to why the live server is not sending e-mails?

Are there log files in system/log regarding emails? Did you try with smtp? Some servers only allow email addresses from their own servers.

But you are right, I think there should be some error reporting somewhere when no mails have been send. Maybe there are tickets regarding this point.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Are there log files in system/log regarding emails? Did you try with smtp? Some servers only allow email addresses from their own servers.

But you are right, I think there should be some error reporting somewhere when no mails have been send. Maybe there are tickets regarding this point.
    I have tried with SMTP. It works on the test server we have, but not on the live customer server. and no log messages have been created, so I have no idea where to find the problem.

User

Did you consider that the mail might get sent but is being hold-up in the infrastructure of your hosting provider. I have had a situation where the hosting provider did not forward the php mail being sent. When you test with SMTP, do you then use an external SMTP server, or the SMTP server of your hosting provider?

New user

To follow up, this was a .htaccess error and still is on the site. I think it's from a strange server setup on the customer side. But I have the form working, only after I modified the .htacess file. Using a older .htaccess from Contao 2. Some setting in the .htacess.default form causes problems with this server.