Thread: can't complete an order (doesn't process at checkout)

User

Default can't complete an order (doesn't process at checkout)

Hi All,

I've just spent two straight days configuring my store. I was able to fix a bunch of problems, thanks to this forum. However, no matter what I've tried, I just can't get the order button to process at checkout. It simply goes to an end page "mysite.com/index.php/shop-checkout/process.htm". The original name for my confirmation page was "shop-confirm" but I changed it to "process" to match the url that keeps coming up and it still didn't work. At this point, I'm so frustrated that I'm trying anything. My Notification and Gateway are set up, order confirmation emails too, shipping and tax appear and calculate well, everything else is working except for that final, crucial element; completing the order ! Is it possible that the Postsale.php requires editing?

It's driving me crazy ! I'm no developer. I know just a few basics to get me through but I've hit my limit. Does anyone understand why this keeps happening?

Thanks so much in advance.

P.S. My Payment Method is PayPal and no connection is being made there either. Is there perhaps some data missing or that requires editing within the Paypal.php file?
    Last edited by ally1; 09/11/2015 at 14:16. Reason: forgot to mention something

Hi, sorry I don't know much about isotope but first set your URL prefix to ".html", activate checkbox "Rewrite URLs" and rename your .htaccess.default to .htaccess to get rid of this "index.php/" in your URLs.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

User

Thanks so much. I tried this but all I keep getting are error messages; 404 to be exact.

User

I double checked isotope's modules and found that one of the redirect settings was pointing to the wrong page. So I fixed the confirmation page issue but I still have the same problem on the backend. The order isn't actually processing at all; no order reports, nor notification emails, no documents generated, definitely no payment processed ... The form works on the front end so it really seems as if a successful transaction has occurred. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Some crucial connections are missing.

User

Well, I finally broke down and started over from scratch. I removed the isotope extension, then reinstalled it and entered all of the data again one by one. Still nothing !

The same problem occurs. As soon as I hit the order button, I'm directed to a blank page and nothing processes. I may have to give up, unless someone can help.

User

Finally, a life line ! Just when I was about to give up, the crew at terminal42 released isotope 2.3.1 !!!

Thanks so much, guys !!! I installed and tested the new version yesterday and here's what I've experienced so far.

Test #1: The current website I'm working on is running contao 3.5.2 and using Composer as its extension repository:

Within Composer, I immediately viewed a warning message in red that isotope 2.3.1 is not compatible with my current version of contao (3.5.2) Knowing that this version of isotope was made to function with both contao 3.5.2 and 3.5.3, I continued to install. At first, it seemed that all was well but then I started getting error messages on the frontend when trying to process the order and eventually on the backend when trying to edit an isotope element. So I uninstalled isotope 2.3.1 via Composer and reinstalled it manually then returned to my general contao "install" page and updated the database from there and that worked.

All of the other elements (product list, shopping cart, review at checkout) functioned well. The final order processing worked this time but only when I used "cash" as my payment method. I found that the automatic test emails were sent, the pdf invoice was generated and I saw the actual order posted on the backend under "orders" as well as a notice in the systems messages welcome area. Excellent !!! However, when I tried it using PayPal, here's the message that popped up on the landing page.

Under the header "Processing payment" the following appeared:

You will be redirected to the payment gateway website.

(function(i, cte) { var s = $('.content-slider', cte)[0], c = s.getAttribute('data-config').split(','); new Swipe(s, { // Put custom options here 'auto': parseInt(c[0]), 'speed': parseInt(c[1]), 'startSlide': parseInt(c[2]), 'continuous': parseInt(c[3]), 'menu': $('.slider-control', cte)[0] }); }); }); })(jQuery);

It went no further beyond this. No order is processed and, of course, I wasn't directed to PayPal for payment.

Test #2: I also set up a demo website running contao 3.5.3 and using the regular extension repository:

As I soon as I attempt to install isotope 2.3.1, the following message showed up in red: "Corrupted, update/repair required". Knowing that isotope 2.3.1 was made to function with both contao 3.5.2 and 3.5.3, I continued to install and checked off "repair". Unfortunately, the installation did not successfully process and, instead, created a massive error page (similar to an error log) showing strings of script. When I tried to log in again, I saw the same error page. So I removed the extension manually and was able to log in again.

MY RESULTS

So far, isotope 2.3.1 successfully installs manually onto contao 3.5.2 and processes orders to completion only when using "cash" as the payment method.

I'll keep testing and double-checking my steps, in case I left some crucial items undone that is causing these error messages.

Thanks again so much !!!
    Last edited by ally1; 09/15/2015 at 14:57. Reason: typos