Thread: AngularJS and Contao

New user

Default AngularJS and Contao

Does anybody has worked Contao with AngularJS? Especially with ng-repeat directive with e.g. {{ item }}? Of course Contao have problem with this because Contao thinking it's InsertTag (double curly braces) and it's not rendered...

Do you mean in back end? There's a lot of mootools stuff running in the back end. Do you like to rewrite it all for angular? Or do you plan to run angular beside mootools in back end?
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

No Andreas, backend is fine for me. And in backend you don't need use inserttags.

I mean Angular in FE (frontend). There I have problem with Angular. Because when I try put anything in template from my Angular $.scope I need to use double curly braces (like: {{user.name}}) and Contao think it's inserttag and trying parse it through InsertTag class - and finally nothing appear for me.

Actually Angular and similar JS frameworks become most popular in developers world and other PHP frameworks like Laravel change theirs template system from double curly braces to triple curly braces. And it's not only Angular but other JS template engines use double curly braces - e.g. handlebarsjs, mustache etc.

Most of my projects are based on custom templates (static HTML tempates not Contao templates) - in other words I don't use Contao FE css framework and also I don't use anything from Contao JS. So now I would like work with Angular and Contao together but there is a problem with inserttags...
    Now I found solution by changing the InsertTags controller - but of course (as you probably know) after some update this file could be overwritten.

You should not use insert tags in templates. Get your variables with models, $objPage, .... Insert tags are only a crutch for editors in BE when your page has no well formed concept. Unless there are some usefull insert tags for BE like env::url, page::title, email::* ...

You can use whatever JS lib you want in FE but then you can not use some onboard stuff like accordions, slideshows, mediaelements, lightboxes etc.

I also don't use Contao CSS framework but I also try to not mod any template if it's not really necessary.

My favorite JS lib still is mootools but sadly jQuery has more plugins.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist