Thread: [SOLVED] Form Generator and SMTP

New user

Frage [SOLVED] Form Generator and SMTP

Hello,

I've tried to send emails when using Form Generator but they all fail. I configured the SMTP in the Settings. When I try to send email through the forms an error appears: "Fatal error: Uncaught exception Swift_TransportException with message Expected response code 250 but got code "550", with message "550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender " thrown in …\plugins\swiftmailer\classes\Swift\Transpor t\AbstractSmtpTransport.php on line 378"

Upon further instruction of the error I saw that the system is trying to use the email of the former admin that is not with us anymore. I changed the email of the admin and I am using that same email for the SMTP settings. I also checked the swiftmailer AbstractSmtpTransport.php file, but the former admin's email is nowhere to be found.

Any ideas? Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by rsr; 01/13/2016 at 22:42.

New user

Update: Updated Send As information on Office 365 of the former admin's email account. Now I'm able to send emails. The problem is that emails are sent from that old email and I want to change it. I have checked all files inside the root folder of the Contao installation and that email is nowhere to be found. I already changed the email in the Settings panel, but it doesn't change anything.

Any ideas?

Search within your database.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

I searched in my database. Found a couple of tables related to forms like TL_FORM, but they don't contain a field for sender for the option of "Send form data via e-mail". I only see a sender field for confirmation emails.

If you don't find this old email address in DB nor in files then I don't know. BTW I never use SMTP.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Found the solution. The sender email is not the one in the Settings page. For some reason it uses the one on the root page located in the Site Structure.

Link with the original answer: https://community.contao.org/en/show...of-form-sender

Hopes this helps others that stumble upon this thread.

Thanks for the help anyway. Much appreciated.