Thread: Submit button directly downloads something?

New user

Frage Submit button directly downloads something?

Hello!

I would like to know if it's possible to set up a submit button which directly downloads something instead of linking to another page and download it from there.

In other words here the scenario:

I want the visitor to leave his contact data (on a form) before s/he is able to download my file (a software).

I was thinking about either a direct download or a link to a "downloadpage" which automatically starts the download (preferably the first solution though), could anybody provide a guide to something like this? I'm a total noob in Contao
    Last edited by offline; 11/20/2015 at 12:13.

I can think of two ways. The proper way is to simply implement a processFormData Hook. In this hook you either let the file be streamed to the client via PHP your you simply create a redirect to the file.

The other way would be to do the same, but in your own script in your /templates folder, which you will then include via {{file::*.php}} on the target page.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I can think of two ways. The proper way is to simply implement a processFormData Hook. In this hook you either let the file be streamed to the client via PHP your you simply create a redirect to the file.

The other way would be to do the same, but in your own script in your /templates folder, which you will then include via {{file::*.php}} on the target page.
    Got it to work thanks!