Thread: Layout problem after 2.11 to 3.5 upgrade (Holy grail?)

Default Layout problem after 2.11 to 3.5 upgrade (Holy grail?)

Hi to all!

Okay,

I need advice about getting CSS layout to the order after I have upgraded 2.11 to 3.5.4.

I have this in my code:

body {
    background-image:url("files/fs_tema/images/metanavi.png");
    background-position:left top;
    background-repeat:repeat-x;
    font:12px Verdana,Ariel,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    overflow-y: scroll;
    }

#container {
    margin-right:18px;
    margin-left:18px;
    }

#wrapper {
    background-image:url("files/fs_tema/images/wrapper_bg.png");
    border-right:1px solid #1D2D44;
    border-left:1px solid #1D2D44;
    box-shadow: 0 3px 10px rgba(50, 50, 50, 1);
    }

#main {
    min-height:800px;
    padding:0 4px 4px;
    }
    and that is a legacy from the old system. Simply, I don't understand what I should change here to get it work. How to introduce #center, #left, #right (I tried some things but without result). Some pages are completely okay, but the rest are affected, mainly with the problem main column above left, above right (common problem).

I've read some articles about it, but I didn't sort out what I should do with the code above.

Any advice?

Thanks.
    Last edited by tetrijeb; 11/21/2015 at 19:00.

Update:

or sitrep...

I am slowly fighting my way through CSS eliminating or disarming "CSS guerilla code".

Something totally not understandible for me is how some html tags like h4 in old code, become h2 in the new one (after upgrade). o.O

Last edited by tetrijeb; 11/23/2015 at 16:59.

Look at the generated STYLE in HEAD and don't overwrite it with your CSS unless you know what you are doing. It's best to not touch this elements with your CSS.

If you do not post a link to your page I suspect you have to fight through your CSS by your own.

Maybe the team decides to change H4 to H2 in some templates so it has a better semantic meaning. Don't use
    H1
    --H4
    ----H5

use
    H1
    --H2
    ----H3...
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Look at the generated STYLE in HEAD and don't overwrite it with your CSS unless you know what you are doing. It's best to not touch this elements with your CSS.

If you do not post a link to your page I suspect you have to fight through your CSS by your own.

Maybe the team decides to change H4 to H2 in some templates so it has a better semantic meaning. Don't use
    H1
    --H4
    ----H5

use
    H1
    --H2
    ----H3...
    Andreas,

it's okay. It's a copy of website, so I am experimenting on the copy and entire CSS is written by myself (and I mainly used Inspect Element feature of web browser)

I figured out what happened with h2/h4. In 2.11 version I manually changed h2 to h4 in one module (since I had several headline types on that page), so after upgrade, the new module files returned it to h2.

I could provide the link, but I think is too much to ask someone to check my code "in situ".

I rather would like to know what is the point about holy grail, but generally, this thread could be locked.

It's more easy to check the HTML-markup direct in browser than speculate what problem you have. If you use the original fe_page template and Contaos layout-builder CSS, all should be fine.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist