Thread: Improvements UI/UX Backend

Frage Improvements UI/UX Backend

Hi all,

we're using contao for over 2 years in our company and it works less or more fine far.
    one big problem we have, is that our marketing team's sometimes confused because
    of the backend UI. so, they're sometimes not able to do simple tasks and have to ask our dev-team
    for help.

does anybody know if this issue is already on the contao roadmap ? if not, is there a way
    to contribute to the project for this topic ?

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dimfried View Post
    our marketing team's sometimes confused because of the backend UI
    Can you please elaborate by what you mean is confusing with the back end UI?

Quote Originally Posted by dimfried View Post
    if not, is there a way to contribute to the project for this topic ?
    To contribute please check the project on GitHub: https://github.com/contao/core
    There you can submit pull requests, feature requests and issues for errors and bugs.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    Can you please elaborate by what you mean is confusing with the back end UI?
    I think the UI from the backend isn't state of the art anymore. The meaning of
    the icons is sometimes not understandable. all in all it would be great if there's
    a new UI on the roadmap. contao is really great with most of it's possibilities and
    could be even greater for "non techies" if there's a simpler, cleaner and more intuitive
    interface.

i'm not a backend engineer, but i could help with some UI and Frontend tasks.

i'll create a issue on github about this and wait for an answer from one of the
    core contributors.

thank you!

As far as I know, there is already a working group which is engaged to improve the back end theme/layout as well as the icons. Still work in progress, though.
    → Support options

As far as I know, there is already a working group which is engaged to improve the back end theme/layout as well as the icons. Still work in progress, though.
    oh great! is there a public repository to contribute? or is the workgroup private?

I don't know actually. I just know that @denniserdmann (et al.) has been working on a redesign of the official back end theme (see e.g. the case study https://www.behance.net/wip/1204465/2120639)
    → Support options

I don't know actually. I just know that @denniserdmann (et al.) has been working on a redesign of the official back end theme (see e.g. the case study https://www.behance.net/wip/1204465/2120639)
    oh cool, i'll write him on twitter. thanks for your effort!