Thread: How to filter on a date ?

User

Default How to filter on a date ?

Hi everyone,

In mm_events, I got a Date(Timestamp) attribute named event_date. Each event will be on april 21, 22, 23 or 24. Trying to create a specific filtersetting for April 24 events, I've selected simple lookup and event_date.

But in 'default' selct field, I got as many times this date as I got events with this date. To be clearer : if I had 3 events with april 24, I got 3 times april, 24 in default select.

I went to see in mysql table. Dates are stored with a 10 digit integer where 8 first are equal but last 2 are different for each record. That's why simple lookup displays 3 times the april 24. But is it normal ?

I can replace my Date(Timestamp) attribute by a simple text attribute (or a select attribute to a text attribute in another mm_table) but this could be possible to do it with real dates ? No ?

Thanks for ideas or good syntax…
    Last edited by charled; 03/30/2016 at 00:58.

e.g. http://metamodels.readthedocs.org/de...ustom-sql.html

look at "Filterung nach Datum"

User

Hi,

I did try it too with FROM_UNIXTIME() or UNIX_TIMESTAMP() but I still get a 0 rows result.

For the test, I used the same date (24-04-2016) in two records but in the mysql date field :
    - first is 1461402166
    - second is 1461488576

I've just tested with manually entering the date :
    - first is now : 1461489344
    - second is now : 1461489289

In the attribute settings, 'Date' schema is selected.

So what's wrong ?

all values saved as unix timestamp at database...

pls post your SQL qyuery

User

I've tried many possibilities :
    Code:
    SELECT id FROM mm_representations WHERE UNIX_TIMESTAMP (`date_tmstp`) = '24/04/2016'
    SELECT id FROM mm_representations WHERE UNIX_TIMESTAMP (`date_tmstp`) = '24-04-2016'
    SELECT id FROM mm_representations WHERE UNIX_TIMESTAMP (`date_tmstp`) = '24042016 '
    SELECT id FROM mm_representations WHERE UNIX_TIMESTAMP (`date_tmstp`) = '2016/04/24'
    SELECT id FROM mm_representations WHERE UNIX_TIMESTAMP (`date_tmstp`) = '2016-04-24'
    SELECT id FROM mm_representations WHERE UNIX_TIMESTAMP (`date_tmstp`) = '20160424'
    Hey ! I've just noticed : in mysql db, for each record, the date_tmstp field stores the same integer as tstamp field. So, date_tsmtp is really acting as a timestamp and not only recording in Unix format the date entered or selected in datepicker.

Perhaps it is not the right field for what I need but I tried with numeric, decimal and text and found none I could use date formatting (or the date picker).

Edit : I'm using metamodels/bundle_all. Is there some other attributes with nightlies version ?
    Last edited by charled; 03/30/2016 at 15:08.

Contao (and MM) store date and date-time as unix timestamp (integer) but MySQL works normaly with the format like "YYYY-MM-DD"

if you compare, you must convert on to another...

e.g. http://www.epochconverter.com/programming/mysql

User

Ok but :
    - why my 2 records don't store the same integer in date_tmstmp while I entered the same date with the datepicker ?
    - and why, on the other hand, they store the same integer in my date field (date_tmstmp) as in tstmp field ?

It looks like my date_tmtsmp field doesn't store the right data.

he unix timestamp is the count of seconds since 01.01.1970 - so we have every second another value as timestamp

to compare the timestamp with a date, you should convert the (integer) value to a date

e.g.

SELECT id FROM mm_representations WHERE FROM_UNIXTIME(`date_tmstp`) = '2016-04-24'
    pls test your query per phpMyAdmin!

SELECT *, FROM_UNIXTIME(`date_tmstp`) AS 'my_date' FROM mm_representations WHERE 1=1
    Last edited by zonky; 03/30/2016 at 15:48.

User

he unix timestamp is the count of seconds since 01.01.1970 - so we have every second another value as timestamp
    I know it.

to compare the timestamp with a date, you should convert the (integer) value to a date
    I know it too but I'm not trying to compare anything. I just need to store a date for each event (in date_tmstmp but let's call it date_event). Like in an agenda where many events can be the same date. Then I only need to filter by the date in my mm_list.

I'm understanding that Date is not the right attribute because it is a timestamp. I can use a simple text attribute where I can write 24/04/2016 and use it for filtering.

So my question becomes : can I test if user correctly entered the date (like ##/##/#### for example) as I can't use the date picker on a text attribute.
    Last edited by charled; 03/30/2016 at 16:31.

Quote Originally Posted by charled View Post
    A) I'm understanding that Date is not the right attribute because it is a timestamp. I can use a simple text attribute where I can write 24/04/2016 and use it for filtering.

B) So my question becomes : can I test if user correctly entered the date (like ##/##/#### for example) as I can't use the date picker on a text attribute.
    A) you can try a text field.... but how can you compare >, <, between ?

B) at wich "side" => Backend or Frontend?

User

Quote Originally Posted by zonky View Post
    A) you can try a text field.... but how can you compare >, <, between ?
    I don't need to compare anything. I'll just have a mm_list with a filter like : "I want all the events of 24-04-2016" (the date will just be coded in the filter in BE ; no MM_filter in FE). With a text attribute this could work if the user in BE enter it with the right format (like '24/04/2016' in french)

B) at wich "side" => Backend or Frontend?
    Only in Backend when the user will enter the event's date.

Quote Originally Posted by charled View Post
    Only in Backend when the user will enter the event's date.
    you will filter a list at the backend and use the filter at the header?

can you send a screenshot?