Thread: Encryption for password

New user

Idee Encryption for password

Hello Community,

I import members (user and passwords) i have all the member in the database now, but i can't log in. When verifiy the database, password without (hash) encryption don't work. What i can do in the situation?

How did you import? How did you encrypt the passwords for DB.tl_member.password?
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Idee

Hello Andreas,

I Import the list of members using the extension xtmembers_outlook. My question is : I have to do something extra for the password that I included in the lists?

Attach example list:
    listmembers9700986785.PNG

Yes, passwords must get encrypted by using:
    PHP Code:
    $passwordEncrypted = \Encryption::hash($password); 
    https://github.com/contao/core/blob/...ption.php#L167

Maybe you can ask for a feature to do this automatically on the password field during import https://github.com/hschottm/xtmembers_outlook (new Issue). Normally Outlook members have no password I think.

Another solution would be to send a mail (or newsletter) to all new members, so they know they have to generate a new password with the "Lost password" module.

You also can create the encrypted passwords manually by including a php-file into a HTML content element by {{file::my-php-code.html5}} (system/templates/my-php-code.html5, or filetype php). Within this file you can use Contao-Classes directly.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist