Thread: Installing Google Tag Manager?

New user

Böse Installing Google Tag Manager?

I've been trying to install my GTM code in my Contao site, with no luck. I found this link, which gives the instructions:

Since the Google Tag Manager immediately after the opening <body>to be integrated tag, please edit the file templates / tao / fe_page.html5 and paste the tag manager code immediately after the line <?php $this->block('body') ?>a.

I've done just that, but the problem is in my fe_page.html5 file when I add the snippet below that line, it disappears after trying to save it. I have no idea why, so the code ends up being not modified. I have tried in both Chrome and Firefox, and and I am on CMS open source 3.3.6

Thanks in Advance!

Connect to the Contao installation via FTP, download your copy of the fe_page.html5 page template from the Contao templates folder, add the Google Tag Manager code snippet immediately after the opening <body> tag and re-upload the template to the webspace. Note: pay attention to save the template file with UTF-8 (without BOM) encoding.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Default Ain´t an easier way?

Hello,

I am not an expert on CONTAO or FTP, is there any way to just insert and html/script on the html of the template to make the google tag manager work? if there isnt could you post a video showing us your procedure¨? thanks id really appreciatte it

Regards from Colombia.

Unfortunately the current state of the English community forum serverely limits the posts you can make here. You can look at the post that I wanted to make here: https://pastebin.com/jMPksWGT