Thread: 302 after LiveUpdate from 3.5.17 to 3.5.19

Default 302 after LiveUpdate from 3.5.17 to 3.5.19

Hey,

I got a really strange error after LiveUpdate from 3.5.17 to 3.5.19. All pages got a 302 redirect to itself.

There is no error in system log, nor in the server php log. How to check what's happening after update??

Regard,
    Darjan

What is the Alias of your home page?

Just "/".

Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

Thanks.

Since the correspondence ended about two weeks ago, what would you suggest I do?

I can alter the custom navigation module to addapt to a new start page alias, but what about the XML sitemap and the SEO efforts linked to the alias /?? It would affect the end result of the page rank... My client would not be happy about that. Should I wait for a fix until next update?

Regard,
    Darjan

Quote Originally Posted by zlobec View Post
    Since the correspondence ended about two weeks ago, what would you suggest I do?
    Just change the Alias to index. See also https://docs.contao.org/books/manual...tml#start-page

Quote Originally Posted by zlobec View Post
    but what about the XML sitemap and the SEO efforts linked to the alias /?? It would affect the end result of the page rank..
    Nothing would change. The URL generated by Contao for the start page in the sitemap XML will still be http://www.example.org/ (with a slash at the end).

The Original Goal of your weird Alias probably was to enforce the / at the end of the empty URL. However, this is not something you should do with an Alias. This is something you should configure in your Server (via .htaccess or otherwise). Or you simply didn't know that Contao will generate an empty URL for the start page, if its Alias is index - the documentation was only added recently (https://github.com/contao/docs/pull/434).

Thanks.

No idea about the index alias. Did not pay too much attention to git commits

Regards,
    Darjan

Well, it has been this since forever basically . But as I said, it was never properly documented, unfortunately.