Thread: multiple domain

User

Idee multiple domain

Hi!
    I have one question about multiple domains ... I need to have 3 different domain with 2 languages for each domain, in one fresh installed system 3.5.19 version.
    It's possible!?
    Thank's for all help!
    best regards to all,
    Goran

New user

Yes, no problem. You need 6 root pages, one for each language and domain. Just to enter the domain in the field "domain name" to seperate the different domains.

Even though this is an easy task to do, I would preferr one installation per domain. Sometimes there are good reaons für multiple domain within one installation, e.g. the need to access the same data, but usually I keep the domains seperated in different installations. This makes changes easier if you want to do different tasks for the different domains.

User

OK. Thank you for help and advice :-)
    best regards, G.

Quote Originally Posted by Thraile View Post
    Yes, no problem. You need 6 root pages, one for each language and domain. Just to enter the domain in the field "domain name" to seperate the different domains.

Even though this is an easy task to do, I would preferr one installation per domain. Sometimes there are good reaons für multiple domain within one installation, e.g. the need to access the same data, but usually I keep the domains seperated in different installations. This makes changes easier if you want to do different tasks for the different domains.