Thread: Just a question, composer client and modules

Default Just a question, composer client and modules

When I install modules with composer client, then modules files are installed inside normal "./system/modules" folders and also under "./composer/vendor/" . Thus there are 2 copies of modules files in 2 places.

Now I wanted to know which one is used by the system and why are there 2 copies? Thank you
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

Both are used, sort of. The actual Contao module files are used in /system/modules. However, if an extension has defined autoload information in the composer.json, then the class files in /composer/vendor are used also.

Hi there,

thank you for the answer. So that mean it depends on autoload settings in the composer.json file.

So when you say, "if an extension has defined autoload information in the composer.json, then the class files in /composer/vendor are used", would that imply if no autoload is defined in composer.json, then class from /system/modules is used and one can delete the files from /composer/vendor/x directory.

Why do you want to delete those files?

No, i wouldn't delete those files. I just wanted to know that these files are not used at all if no autoload is defined in composer.json

Right. Well as far as I know, they are not