Thread: How to manage files implementing processFormData hook?

New user

Default How to manage files implementing processFormData hook?

Good morning!

I'm coding a class for using when a form is sent (using processFormData hook). In the form, some files could be uploaded (usually an image file). I configured in the backend that the file uploaded is stored in certain directory. The idea is to generate a news item with this form data.

I need to know, when hook 'processFormData' is triggered, the singleSRC of the form uploaded file for writing it in tl_news table. What's the easier way?

I'm trying to get that singleSRC from array $arrFiles, but I don't know how this array works. If it's not possible to directly read the singleSRC, it could be useful to know (at least) the file name (note: in formgenerator (backend) i check the option 'don't overwrite existing files', so probably the system will add a number at the end of the original file name. On that case, I could use something like this (I found it searching...):

Code:
    			$file = Dbafs::addResource($fileName);
    			$set = Dbafs::syncFiles();
    			$singleSRC = $file->uuid;
    I appreciated any help. Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by infomiquel; 01/30/2017 at 13:13.

New user

I found it: I get the singleSRC from $arrFiles:

Code:
    $arrFiles[picture][uuid]
    Explanation:

Code:
    $arrFiles[name_of_the_form_field][uuid]
    FilesModel->uuid seems to be equivalent to singleSRC.

Quote Originally Posted by infomiquel View Post
    Good morning!

I'm coding a class for using when a form is sent (using processFormData hook). In the form, some files could be uploaded (usually an image file). I configured in the backend that the file uploaded is stored in certain directory. The idea is to generate a news item with this form data.

I need to know, when hook 'processFormData' is triggered, the singleSRC of the form uploaded file for writing it in tl_news table. What's the easier way?

I'm trying to get that singleSRC from array $arrFiles, but I don't know how this array works. If it's not possible to directly read the singleSRC, it could be useful to know (at least) the file name (note: in formgenerator (backend) i check the option 'don't overwrite existing files', so probably the system will add a number at the end of the original file name. On that case, I could use something like this (I found it searching...):

Code:
    			$file = Dbafs::addResource($fileName);
    			$set = Dbafs::syncFiles();
    			$singleSRC = $file->uuid;
    I appreciated any help. Thanks a lot!