Thread: Hi, could we use Contao for this?

New user

Default Hi, could we use Contao for this?

Hi there! It´s a pleasure to write to the forum members.

We are from Spain and would like to know if it´s possible to create a JOBS PLATFORM. Maybe you can help us to determine if this is possible, we are working nowadays with wordpress, but making all the job manually and takes us daily about 12-14 hours full time to do the job, post job offers, create manually job seekers demands, etc... As we do not want to be as all typical platforms online, we review everything manually to online have quality offers.

We would like to ask for your help to see if all this detailed below it´s possible to make, so we can have more time for us and a more automatic system:

Can Job Seekers (USERS) to upload personal details (name, phone, email, etc...). Photo, CV and presentation letter and sector/s he is interested to work in.

Can user control/update/delete/close his details uploaded or demand? Maybe with a login or pass and backoffice? Can he login with FB, Linkedin, etc... and/or Register Form?

After USER has uploaded all his details, it´s possible to design how this is shown at website? Plus can be only be acccessible by companies searching for candidates, not public?

Jobs posted by COMPANIES, can have a form with only the details we need to have from them, plus an account for controlling their posted job offers, etc...?

Can we have those job offers posted daily, indexed in an individual page daily? I mean, a predescription of the companies posted jobs listed with an brief text (with a read more link to the complete offer) and a button for sending email (linked to their emails direct) we do not want to have people sending dozens of CVs/Emails thru our server, so we have companies emails after a button, so when they press on it, opens Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook (depending on their email client) and send their details.

Could be possible to hace some control, for accepting or refusing job offers before posting them? And if those are accepted, when accepting them, could be "programmed" to be posted to social networks, for example every half and hour or every hour, instead of autoposting them after accepting them? We need social networks, those are our fork for getting thousands of daily visitors

Can we control de design of the site (HEADER, SLIDER BELOW HEADER, COLUMNS), as we would like to design it as our actual job websites (logos, images, etc...)

It´s possible to have Contao well indexed in google, yahoo, etc... as we do with our wordpress installations with plugins like All In One Seo?

I think all this would be possible, this is why I´m writting here, but not sure 100%.

Hopefully we can, as liked a lot Contao, after reading all documentation

Thanks in advance for any help, support, advice, etc...

Of course Contao can do nearly everything for this use case, except for the the Social Media login (I'm not shure about that, but there may be a bridge to SSO).

A possible solution would be using the extension MetaModels together with Contao-Leads. I've seen a contao based job board with that functionality already in Germany.

New user

Default Thank you ;)

Quote Originally Posted by lucina View Post
    Of course Contao can do nearly everything for this use case, except for the the Social Media login (I'm not shure about that, but there may be a bridge to SSO).

A possible solution would be using the extension MetaModels together with Contao-Leads. I've seen a contao based job board with that functionality already in Germany.
    Thank you! For sure we will test all this, thanks for sharing knowledge

Have a nice day!