Thread: Custom template for Form Fields

Default Custom template for Form Fields

Hi,

having problems with the Contao 3.5.24. If I select the custom form template for a form field, I get strange behaviour.

I have two themes running two webpage roots and the custom template form field always uses the alphabetically first template it finds in the theme template folders. I have separated the templates in two theme folders.

form_templates.png

It takes the "okna" template not the "vrata" template. I can't rename the template to anything else because I get an error that the template was not found. Only original name must be used... in this case form_textfield.html5. I found this behaviour only in form custom templates so far.

Is this a bug, or a feature ?

Any workaround?

The only way Contao knows which theme you are running on your page is the layout you choose in your page. Make sure this layout is from your desired theme.

If this did not work please update to 3.5.27 first. I slightly remember a ticket regarding this topic.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    The only way Contao knows which theme you are running on your page is the layout you choose in your page. Make sure this layout is from your desired theme.
    This was the problem... I simply duplicated the page to the new theme and it was loading layout from the previous theme. It solved my problem. The rename of custom form_ template problem resolved now also. Thanks Andreas.

You're welcome
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist