Thread: error on saving text elements

New user

Default error on saving text elements

Hi,

I have this strange behaviour with text elements: when I make a new text element, I'm unable to save it. Clicking one of the four save buttons simply doesn't do anything. It's not an extension problem, because the behaviour also occurs in safe mode.

I had the problem with several browsers, OSs and with two installations of Contao (3.5.17 and 3.5.26). I have a couple of other installations of Contao without this problem.

There is a work-around and that is to click any item in the left column or on the Go Back button. Then you'll get the 'Are you sure you want to leave the page' message. After clicking 'Stay on page', the save buttons work like they should. Isn't that strange?

Somebody any clue? Thanks in advance!

Just

Do you have any browser plugins/addons (Ad blocker or somthing of that kind) installed or do you have other security software (AV scanners etc.) that may interfere here?
    Have you already checked whether an error message is displayed in the browser console?
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Thanks for this advice. I got the following error after restarting the browser with all extensions off: "An invalid form control with name='text' is not focusable." It's the same with Safari, Chrome and Firefox, all on Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    Do you have any browser plugins/addons (Ad blocker or somthing of that kind) installed or do you have other security software (AV scanners etc.) that may interfere here?
    Have you already checked whether an error message is displayed in the browser console?

Quote Originally Posted by justs View Post
    I got the following error after restarting the browser with all extensions off: "An invalid form control with name='text' is not focusable."
    This has been fixed with Contao 3.5.6. Do you have some modified tiny*.php templates?
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Yes, that's it! I used an edited version of /system/config/tinyMCE.php. I removed it and it solved my problem. Thank you so much XCHS!