Thread: Display Newsletter in frontend

New user

Default Display Newsletter in frontend

I am working with Newsletter extension. At some point, I have got a confusion. I created a newsletter in the backend and it's status is "Not yet sent". When I looked the frontend, that newsletter list is not displayed. But after sending that newsletter from the backend to the recipients, its status is changed to "Sent". And now the newsletter list is displayed in the frontend.

Is this the correct method? My question is do we need to sent the newsletter from the backend to the recipients to get the newsletter list displayed in the frontend?

What do you mean with "Newsletter extension"? Core, or third party?

With core newsletter module this is the intended behaviour. A newsletter which not has been sent is no newsletter, it's just a draft.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Default Newsletter display in frontend

I was talking about the core extension. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Got one more doubt. Suppose that if I am manually updating the database (tl_newsletter) and the field "send = 1" is set. Now the 'date' field is blank because of manual updating. So the newsletters are displayed in red colour itself in the backend, but the lists are displayed in the frontend but without date and time. Is there a way to fix this issue, by manually writing the query?

There is no tl_newsletter.send maybe you mean sent.

If the NL has been sent you have to set sent to 1 and date to the timestamp of sending date. If the NL hasn't been sent then the field sent should be empty.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Default Newsletter Display

Sorry.. It's sent. And thank you for the reply.