Thread: Fundrasing: MetaModels and Contao 4

Default Fundrasing: MetaModels and Contao 4

With the release of Contao 4.4, there were obviously discussions about MetaModels and Contao 4. The plan is to develop MetaModels 3 using the features of Symfony and discard old “ballast”. But this means also a long development time.

There is agreement for this approach, but also the community asked for a faster solution to run MetaModels with Contao 4. The MM Team discussed this issue closely and tried to come up with a fast solution.

Therefore, we will develop a MetaModels 2.1 as an intermediate step which will work with Contao 4 (but not with Contao 3.5). The data base structure will be similar like MM 2.0. So, a migration from 2.0 to 2.1 is possible with little effort. The development of the Version 2.1 will also build the foundation for Version 3.0.

The work is already in progress. So far, there were over 240 hours contributed by the MM Team. We are on track to have the first (beta) version end of October/beginning of November 2017.

Follow the news on the MM Website for further information about the current status:
    https://now.metamodel.me/en/news

In addition, there is a "early adopters" option: In exchange for an appropriate donation for the project, you can use MM 2.1 earlier. After the fundraising is completed, MM 2.1 will be available for all users. For more information, please contact info@e-spin.de

Fundraising details:
    https://now.metamodel.me/en/supporters/fundraising

When will be MetaModels 2.1 release to try?
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

Sorry, I mean MetaModels 2.1 with Contao 4

Look at the headline of this issue: "List of ready repositories in version 2.1"

Thanks

At the moment, I can't install metamodels/attribute_text are we supposed to use only MetaModels/attribute_longtext?