Thread: Trying to create profile form for members to publish info about themselves

New user

Default Trying to create profile form for members to publish info about themselves

Hi,
    our developer has disappeared and I'm trying to add a new element to the site based on my very rudimentary knowledge of Contao.

Our site has both a public area and a members-only area. We already have some basic profile information about our members, however what we'd ultimately like to do is create a form in which they can enter (and update) information about their families, work, etc. (multiple categories of info) which will then be accessible in the members-only part of the site. I would most likely need to create a table with names and pics for this so that a click on either would take the inquiring/new member to a page containing the more detailed information about an individual member.

My problem is that I just don't know how to start. I don't know if our current configuration has this option or if I need to add new elements (in which case, I need to figure out how to do that as well).

In a pinch, I could also enter and maintain everything myself, however I'm sure there's an elegant solution for this somewhere if I could just find it.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hello germanjen (if you speak german please go to the german forum),

search for extensions with the keyword "members". There are some extension which may help you. You also can learn how to include new fields to the backend. E.g. if you are missing some fileds in the members form in BE.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Thanks! I'll give that a try.
    (and English is my mother tongue so I'll stick with that, but thanks for the hint!)

Jen