Thread: Problem: Automatically resetting the "System/html" folder and deleting all new files

New user

Beitrag Problem: Automatically resetting the "System/html" folder and deleting all new files

Hello,

I have the following issue in contao 2.11.6. : On every 1st of the month, the folder "Systems/html" resets itself. All files, which have been add after the 1st getting deleted. I just keeps files from a previous state. I can not even tell from which state.
    How can I switch this off?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you very much.
    Cheers
    Ralph

You should update to at least Contao 2.11.17 and then you should think about updating to at least Contao 3.5.31 due to security vulnerabilities.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    You should update to at least Contao 2.11.17 and then you should think about updating to at least Contao 3.5.31 due to security vulnerabilities.
    Thank you very much Spooky for your advice.
    Cheers
    Ralph

And this behaviour is normal. In 2.11 the system/html/ folder is a temporary folder which gets managed by Contao. This is done by a pseudo cron job that gets triggered on page request in FE. Look at the code at the bottom of BODY in your HTML markup. You should leave all files in this folder and not use it for your own files. Missing files in there gets automaticaly generated by Contao. Your own files only belong to /tl_files (/files in Contao 3.5).
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Beitrag

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    And this behaviour is normal. In 2.11 the system/html/ folder is a temporary folder which gets managed by Contao. This is done by a pseudo cron job that gets triggered on page request in FE. Look at the code at the bottom of BODY in your HTML markup. You should leave all files in this folder and not use it for your own files. Missing files in there gets automaticaly generated by Contao. Your own files only belong to /tl_files (/files in Contao 3.5).
    Thanks a lot for your help Andreas.
    Best
    Ralph