Thread: Cannot install - Please help

New user

Ausrufezeichen Cannot install - Please help

Hi, Ok I uploaded the latest version for unix to my directory on the server (Which is a godaddy sub-directory on another persons account but I have complete access)
    I have cpanel and used their file manager to install in my directory.....
    I then read install instructions and saw I needed to point to the web directory...So I put a .htaccess file in kelliehusted directory with the recommended redirect to /web...
    But nothing...except an error...Here it is below:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.' in RotatingFileHandler.php on line 50

I look at the file and have no idea what to change...

I tried changing to /web/install....I tried /install and install.php --Nothing except error as noted

If your thinking maybe the htaccess needs to be in the real root where another website is running (which is a wordpress site) I thought about it and did the same thing in that .htaccess file...

Nothing and the other site still works..

So what the???

I don't know all the fancy cpanel shell commands and what not, I am only familiar with editing files through my notepad++ which is connected to server...

Basic knowledge of html and some php...mysql is pretty unknown to me...I can plug things in the tables and columns etc...but what does what and where and functions...clueless!

So what do I do?

I wanted to try another web CMS named dotCMS but it is similar and I asked and asked with no help , they kept asking about commands and suggesting I enter this command and that command assuming over and over that I know this stuff!...so I dumped it...

Install Contao with the manager as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov0JTctrbSE. Don't do the rewrite to web with an htaccess. Root your domain directly to web/ from within your account settings.

You also can check your system requirements with the Contao Check https://github.com/contao/check. But I think meanwhile the manager also does check the requirements.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by kelliesite View Post
    Which is a godaddy sub-directory on another persons account

in the real root where another website is running (which is a wordpress site)
    You should not install Contao in a subdirectory of another installation! Instead, move your Contao installation into a directory parallel to the WordPress installation and map your domain to the Contao web/ subdirectory:
    Code:
    /wordpress/…
    /contao/…

another-persons-domain.com --> /wordpress/…
    your-domain.com --> /contao/web/
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options