Thread: Symlinks

User

Default Symlinks

Hi, I am trying to install the new Contao version 4.5 on a Windows 2016 Server running IIS and PHP 7.1.3. I downloaded the contao check and in it, it is saying that symlinks can't be created. I've searched all this forum for symlinks and can't find anything to help. What do I need to do to enable this?
    Also whenever I tried to put the binary path in the contao manager install, it says that it does not contain a valid php binary. Not sure why, it's the one I'm running the site on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The user under which the IIS is running must have the SE_CREATE_SYMBOLIC_LINK_NAME permission assigned in order to be able to create symoblic links (without administrator priviliges).

User

I changed the local policy under user rights assignment for anyone to be able to create symbolic links, however contao check is still saying that symbolic links can't be created... Is there something that I've missed? This is for Server 2016... There doesn't seem to be much on Google for SE_CREATE_SYMBOLIC_LINK_NAME permissions in Server 2016. Thanks

User

I figured out what needed to be done. I needed IIS Authentication to be set to my user for the site under the Anonymous Authentication.