Thread: How to Install 4.5.3

User

Default How to Install 4.5.3

Hi all,

I just uploaded 4.5.3 to my server via my cPanel in the directory labeled "public_html". When I added install.php at the end of my domain name, I got an error message.

I searched through all of the contao files but there isn't an actual file labeled "install.php". Not sure where to go from here. Need some help getting this up and running.

Thanks,

ally1

Make sure that you:

• set the DocumentRoot of your domain to the web/ subfolder
    • run the Contao install tool via http://example.com/contao/install (there is no install.php anymore!)
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Thank you so much for the quick response ! I tried web/contao/install but got another error message.

Next, I tried with web/contao-manager.phar.php (with web browser) I got as far as the server configuration page and now I'm stuck. It's asking me to enter the path to my PHP binary and to make sure the binary is the same PHP version as my web process. I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to enter. How do I find my PHP binary path ?

Quote Originally Posted by ally1 View Post
    I tried web/contao/install but got another error message.
    That's wrong! As I already said, you have to set the DocumentRoot of your domain to the web/ subfolder (i.e. the domain must point to this folder). Usually, you can do this in the cPanel domain settings.

When you've done that, run the Contao install tool by appending contao/install to your domain name (e.g. http://www.example.com/contao/install)
    → Support options

User

Ok, I just redirected my domain name to point to http://www.domain.com/web/

Is this correct ?

User

I ran the install tool as you suggested and got the following error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /contao/install was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Probably not.

I guess that the DocumentRoot of your domain currently points to the public_html folder (this is the directory where you land when you open the domain).

You've said that you uploaded all the Contao 4.5.3 resources to the public_html folder. That means there should be a subfolder web/.

All you have to do now is changing the DocumentRoot of the domain so that it points directly to public_html/web instead of just public_html.
    → Support options

User

Thanks, I'm going to take a little break and try again tomorrow. I'm stressed and my eyes are tired so perhaps with some rest, I'll have better results. Have a good night.

Thanks again !

If you like, you can also post a screenshot from the domain settings in your cPanel. So I might be able to tell you where you can set the DocumentRoot of your domain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7OYIOwyWvU
    Last edited by xchs; 02/09/2018 at 03:23.
    → Support options