Thread: How to minify css and make combined js file async

New user

Ausrufezeichen How to minify css and make combined js file async

Hi I need to optimise the site . So I want
    1. minify css
    2. make combined js file async

I selected all the external css in Themes-> Layout -> my Layout and enabled Combine scripts. Then enabled Minify the markup and
    Compress scripts in System->Settings . But the css file is not minified.What will be the reason ?

And also I need to know how to set async to combined js file

Contao has no support for minifiying CSS out of the box - unless you use server side SCSS processing (in that case I think the resulting CSS is minified).

Minify the markup is only for HTML code as explained in the help text below.
    You should not activate Compress scripts as this is only for bad servers which are not able to send data gziped and requires a change in the htaccess also.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Minify the markup is only for HTML code as explained in the help text below.
    You should not activate Compress scripts as this is only for bad servers which are not able to send data gziped and requires a change in the htaccess also.

then,what is the correct method to minify css and avoid render blocking in contao ?

depending on how your server is set up you could use some server side minify process.

Check github here for some info on how to do it with an nginx based setup.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...de-auto-minify

However, it may be a better idea to minify your css prior to uploading it to your server, generally speaking it would reduce the server load and give you a better page performance.

User

Quote Originally Posted by aswathy View Post
    Hi I need to optimise the site . So I want
    1. minify css
    2. make combined js file async

I selected all the external css in Themes-> Layout -> my Layout and enabled Combine scripts. Then enabled Minify the markup and
    Compress scripts in System->Settings . But the css file is not minified.What will be the reason ?

And also I need to know how to set async to combined js file
    Best way to compress js is to use COMBINER. Search code for that

AFAIK the combiner only puts multiple files into one file eventually minifies but does not compress.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist