Thread: Update Contao 3.4 to 4.6

New user

Default Update Contao 3.4 to 4.6

I updated Contao 3.4 to 4.6 using this guide: https://www.marcosimbuerger.ch/conta...-composer.html

When opening any page I get the error "could not find template j_accessible_tabs" and no page is shown. I have copied the files and templates folder from the old installation as well as the modules folder but it didn't help. Any ideas? Thank you.

Generally when upgrading from one major version to another, you'll have to adjust a lot of settings and template files. Please study https://github.com/contao/contao/blo...ersion-3-to-40 first.

Your particular error however happens because you previously used the fry_accessible_tabs extension and evidently it is not present in your new Contao 4.6 installation - but the j_accessible_tabs template is still selected in page layout within your database.

You either have to manually install this extension again (you have to do it manually since it is not unlocked for Contao 4), or if you generally do not want to use this extension anymore, you simply have to edit all your page layouts and then save them again, so that this template selection is removed from the database.

New user

I copied the extension from the old system modules folder to the v4.6 system modules folder, deleted the cache and ran the install tool, the error persists however.

I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to change when looking through the changelog. Is there no update procedure described anywhere?

The only reason I'm upgrading is because Contao 3.4 doesn't seem to work with PHP 7 and my hosting provider stops supporting PHP 5.6 at the end of year. If version 4.6 doesn't work, is perhaps v3.5 enough? What Contao version fully supports PHP 7.2?

Quote Originally Posted by c0nt432 View Post
    deleted the cache
    Was this the Symfony Cache var/cache or another cache?

Quote Originally Posted by c0nt432 View Post
    What Contao version fully supports PHP 7.2?
    As of version 3.5.5 Contao should fully support PHP 7.x. However, there may be problems with third-party extensions that do not yet support PHP 7.x.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options