Thread: Composer error - out of memory

Default Composer error - out of memory

It seems that I can't use anymore Contao. There is no manual installation for 4.4, and when I am using composer, I am constantly getting this message:

Code:
    mod_fcgid: stderr: [2018-11-15 20:59:58] app.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\\Component\\Debug\\Exception\\OutOfMemoryException: "Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9437184 bytes)" at phar:///var/www/vhosts/****/httpdocs/***web/contao-manager.phar.php/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Repository/ComposerRepository.php line 565 {"exception":"[object] (Symfony\\\\Component\\\\Debug\\\\Exception\\\\OutOfMemoryException(code: 0): Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9437184 bytes) at phar:///var/www/vhosts/****/httpdocs/***/web/contao-manager.phar.php/vendor/composer/composer/src/Composer/Repository/ComposerRepository.php:565)"} [], referer: http://******/contao-manager.phar.php/
    I have asked my hosting provider to help me with this issues. They tried several solutions, but they didn't resolve the problem. What the weirdest is that I have one website on their another server, and there composer runs just fine.

They tried to match settings on the both servers, but it didn't help.

At the end, I have been told I can't use it, since they can't provide it working.

Does anyone can give me any clue what to do with error stated above?

I even used Resolver within Contao Manager, but then I receive some messages with Firewall Accessdenied.

Can you increase the PHP memory limit to e.g. 256 MB?
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    I can't, that settings are disabled and set to 128MB.

What is confusing me now is that on that same hosting account, I have already one Contao instance on main domain which was installed with Composer. I've just run it, and it works fine.

Now I wan't to install Contao on subdomain, and it returns error as I described above.

It seems that my other websites that I installed using Composer <1.04 are working, but I can't install any new instance.

PS. 134217728 bytes = 128 MB.

I think that could caused the problem.

It needs additional 9437184 bytes = 9MB.

???
    Last edited by tetrijeb; 11/16/2018 at 01:14.

When you say "Composer", you mean the Contao Manager, right? The Contao Manager is - let's say - the GUI for the Composer CLI script and runs therefore in the web process.

The Composer script, on the other hand, runs on the console. If you have shell access, you can also install Contao on the console using Composer.
    → Support options

Yes, exactlly. Contao Manager.

I wrote it wrong. Sorry.

I've just asked hosting support for memory limit increase, so I will return tomorrow with more info.

What's your hosting provider? Maybe you can increase the PHP memory limit via .htaccess as well.
    → Support options

You also can search within the issues https://github.com/contao/contao-manager/issues
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    At the end this was the solution.

I tried to install Contao with PHP memory limit 128MB and Contao Cloud Resolver checked, but it didn't work.

But, when my provider has raised PHP memory limit to 256 MB, installation was succesfull.

It seems to me that Contao Manager 1.01 has worked with 128 MB, but for 1.0.4 it is not enough anymore.