Thread: SEO Tools with Contao

New user

Default SEO Tools with Contao

Hi,

I was wondering what SEO tools/plugins can be used with Contao? Yoast is a very popular one that I've used but I believe it's only for WordPress websites. Are there similar SEO tools, like Yoast, that can be installed in the back-end of Contao websites? If so, what are they and are they mainly paid or are there free ones, as well?

I don't know what Yoast is or does. What exactly do you need?

New user

Default SEO

Yoast is a free plugin that you can install in the back-end of WordPress websites. It helps optimize your website for SEO so your website can rank higher in Google search results when people search for particular keywords. What I want to know is are there similar SEO tools that you can use with Contao to help optimize your website for SEO?

What kind of "optimization" does Yoast do?

New user

Default SEO

For example, when you write a blog post, Yoast allows you to edit the meta title, slug and meta description. This will make your post look a little more cleaner and better in the Google search results. More importantly, Yoast allows you to pick a "focus keyword" for every blog post. This means when people search for that particular keyword or keyword phrase, your post has a better chance of ranking higher in Google search results. In addition, Yoast gives you an overall analysis of your blog post. It tells you what improvements need to be made to your post to help with SEO. Once you make most or all of the improvements to your post that Yoast suggests, your post will now be "optimized" for SEO.

So I'm wondering if there are similar tools that you can use with Contao websites that help your website with SEO?

Quote Originally Posted by pskotta View Post
    For example, when you write a blog post, Yoast allows you to edit the meta title, slug and meta description.
    This can be done via Extensions. However, this feature wil be available without any Extensions with the next Contao Version (4.7). The "slug" can already be edited.

More importantly, Yoast allows you to pick a "focus keyword" for every blog post. This means when people search for that particular keyword or keyword phrase, your post has a better chance of ranking higher in Google search results.
    How exactly does this work?

In addition, Yoast gives you an overall analysis of your blog post. It tells you what improvements need to be made to your post to help with SEO. Once you make most or all of the improvements to your post that Yoast suggests, your post will now be "optimized" for SEO.

So I'm wondering if there are similar tools that you can use with Contao websites that help your website with SEO?
    The only other tools I know are https://github.com/derhaeuptling/con...o-serp-preview and the Contao Marketing Suite which can help with some SEO tasks. None of those probably have the same scope as the Yoast Plugin.

New user

Default SEO

Okay, sounds good on the Extensions.

Thanks for listing the other tools. Looks like the Contao SEO SERP Preview is free, correct? I don't see a price anywhere on that page. You just download it and somehow sync it with your Contao site?

As for the "focus keyword," Yoast is located right below every blog post in the back-end of WordPress. This is where you can edit the meta title, description and slug. Also, this is where you type in the focus keyword or phrase that you want to use for your blog. In order for it to work, this focus keyword has to be included in the opening paragraph of your post. In addition, it needs to be included in the meta title, slug and meta description.