Thread: Contao 4.x Website Development - Login form

User

Frage Contao 4.x Website Development - Login form

How to set Email address as Username in Login form?
    Also while registration of new user, email address is not being updated as Username. How to do it?

Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Frage Contao extension - install, create

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    How do I install the extension?
    How can I create an extension?

As I already told you, you can install extensions with the Contao Manager.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Frage

Quote Originally Posted by xchs View Post
    As I already told you, you can install extensions with the Contao Manager.
    Its working. Could you please tell me if there is any chance to see the files of the extensions?

What do you mean by that?

User

Frage Extension Development - Resource Gallery

I am trying to create a Resource Gallery where all registered members can create unlimited number of Projects with opportunity to upload unlimited number of Resources such as Image, Documents, Video etc. in each Project.

I am new to Contao and seeking guidelines.
    How do I start developing this extension in Contao?
    Any kind of documents, tutorials and guidelines would be appreciated.

User

Beitrag

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    Sorry, I do not understand the meaning of your question. Please explain.
    Any idea about extension development!

You were asking "if there is any chance to see the files of the extensions?". Why do you need that? The files of each installed package are in your vendor/ directory. You should not edit these files.

User

Frage

You were asking "if there is any chance to see the files of the extensions?". Why do you need that? The files of each installed package are in your vendor/ directory. You should not edit these files.
    Actually I am new to Contao 4 and extension development. I was searching the files of new extension installed. But I found it inside \system\modules\mailusername\. I think this is where the extension installed and can visit the files of the extension.

Could you please tell me how to create an extension with database CRUD application?
    How an I add a simple PHP file in the existing theme and write CRUD application (as we are doing in Wordpress page template)?

You could read the documentation - however, it is in a somewhat deteriorated state and does not provide you with the latest information and best practises. We are currently working on an overhaul of the documentation, but unfortunately it will still take some time.

There are many ways to extend and build-in more functionality into your Contao installation. It all depends on what exactly you want do do. You should create another thread for that and explain what you need in more detail. Then we can help.

User

Frage

You could read the documentation - however, it is in a somewhat deteriorated state and does not provide you with the latest information and best practises. We are currently working on an overhaul of the documentation, but unfortunately it will still take some time.

There are many ways to extend and build-in more functionality into your Contao installation.
    It all depends on what exactly you want do do. You should create another thread for that and explain what you need in more detail. Then we can help.
    Hi Spooky. I have created a new thread named 'Contao 4 Extension - Simple CRUD application' and asked my query. Please check and help.