Thread: Install Contao 4

New user

Default Install Contao 4

Hey,
    I'm all red in the face with the Contao 4 installation. I'm using Contao for 12 years but this is khm.

Typically I've "installed" Contao on WAMP localhost and when it was ready I've just moved to production or dev.domain.com/contao-page

Now I know there is rocket science to install Contao 4 on WAMP localhost, or it is just looks that way? So plan to do next. Install Contao 4 on server and then copy/paste to localhost.

Now I have dev server and I want to install Contao 4 to this folder (it's dev server and I have many pages in folders):
    - dev.domain.com/contao4
    - but when I run dev.domain.com/contao4/contao-manager.phar.php
    - I get redirect to root dev.domain.com/contao-manager.phar.php and of course I get 404.

Do anyone know how to install in this way?

Thanks.

You must set the DocumentRoot directive to point to the web/ subfolder of your Contao installation. Don't run the application or the Contao Manager with an additional URL fragment like contao4.

For instance, if you want to install Contao within the server directory contao4/, create a new (empty) subfolder contao4/web/, map you domain or subdomain dev.domain.com to contao4/web/, transfer the contao-manager.phar script to contao4/web/, rename it to contao-manager.phar.php and finally run https://dev.domain.com/contao-manager.phar.php.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Thanks for your replay.

But as I said on dev.domain.com/ I have dev envoirement and there are couple of projects on root folder, like /contao4, /hoofer, /bmw, etc.

Is there no way to install contao in root subfolder?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xapep View Post
    But as I said on dev.domain.com/ I have dev envoirement and there are couple of projects on root folder, like /contao4, /hoofer, /bmw, etc.
    Just create a subdomain for every project and point it accordingly to the web/ subfolder, e.g.

dev.bmw.domain.com or
    dev.bmw.com
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xapep View Post
    Is there no way to install contao in root subfolder?
    No. Only on localhost. But usually I create there also virtual hosts.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options