Thread: Specific problem with links in index file which point to Contao web site

New user

Default Specific problem with links in index file which point to Contao web site

Hi everybody,
    I have specific situation.
    On my main domain, I have just index file with basic HTML code and two links to two Web sites. One of them is new Contao 4.7 installation.
    Therefore, my main domain are point to main root folder: maindoman.com/ , and my link to Contao web site: maindoman.com/contaowebsite1/web
    PHP version of the main domain is 7.2, and everything look normal, but I always received ERROR 500.
    Log file showed next message:
    Code:
    [2019-07-17 08:20:41] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Contao\CoreBundle\Exception\InternalServerErrorHttpException: "Your installation is not secure. Please set the document root to the /web subfolder." at /www/htdocs/#############/vendor/contao/core-bundle/src/EventListener/ExceptionConverterListener.php line 110 {"exception":"[object] (Contao\\CoreBundle\\Exception\\InternalServerErrorHttpException(code: 0): Your installation is not secure. Please set the document root to the /web subfolder. at /www/htdocs/#############/vendor/contao/core-bundle/src/EventListener/ExceptionConverterListener.php:110, Contao\\CoreBundle\\Exception\\InsecureInstallationException(code: 0): Your installation is not secure. Please set the document root to the /web subfolder. at /www/htdocs/#############/vendor/contao/core-bundle/src/EventListener/InsecureInstallationListener.php:39, Contao\\CoreBundle\\Exception\\InternalServerErrorHttpException(code: 0): Your installation is not secure. Please set the document root to the /web subfolder. at /www/htdocs/#############/vendor/contao/core-bundle/src/EventListener/ExceptionConverterListener.php:110, Contao\\CoreBundle\\Exception\\InsecureInstallationException(code: 0): Your installation is not secure. Please set the document root to the /web subfolder. at /www/htdocs/#############/vendor/contao/core-bundle/src/EventListener/InsecureInstallationListener.php:39)"} []
    [2019-07-17 08:20:41] request.CRITICAL: Exception thrown when handling an exception (Contao\CoreBundle\Exception\InsecureInstallationException: Your installation is not secure. Please set the document root to the /web subfolder. at /www/htdocs/#############/vendor/contao/core-bundle/src/EventListener/InsecureInstallationListener.php line 39) {"exception":"[object] (Contao\\CoreBundle\\Exception\\InsecureInstallationException(code: 0): Your installation is not secure. Please set the document root to the /web subfolder. at /www/htdocs/#############/vendor/contao/core-bundle/src/EventListener/InsecureInstallationListener.php:39)"} []
    What i do wrong, I am a bit confused?
    Thanks for suggestions

New user

I tired with redirection in htaccess, but I have to keep URL of the first domain
    Any help ?

The DocumentRoot of your VirtualHost for your domain needs to point to the /web folder of the Contao installation.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    The DocumentRoot of your VirtualHost for your domain needs to point to the /web folder of the Contao installation.
    This is link for Contao web site:
    HTML Code:
    <a href="https://mainwebsite.com/contaowebsite/web"></a>

» https://community.contao.org/en/show...l=1#post102920

Currently, this is not the case.

New user

» https://community.contao.org/en/show...l=1#post102920

Currently, this is not the case.
    I meant the link looks like in my last post.
    I can't share public real links on community because of company rules. If you have any hint that will be fine.

I can only repeat, what I already wrote . You need to correctly set the DocumentRoot of your Contao 4 installation.

New user

I can only repeat, what I already wrote . You need to correctly set the DocumentRoot of your Contao 4 installation.
    OK, thank you

New user

Hi again,
    still ERROR 500
    early had next link:
    HTML Code:
    <a href="https://maindomain.de/Contao3.5/">Link to web site</a>
    after Contao update to new version, I have next link:
    HTML Code:
    <a href="https://maindomain.de/Contao4.7/web">Link to web site</a>
    I can't understand what is wrong? With old Contao root is directly in installation folder, and now with last Contao in web folder. Why every time I received ERROR 500 and message: "Your installation is not secure. Please set the document root to the /web subfolder."???

Again: the DocumentRoot of your VirtualHost for your domain needs to point to the /web folder of the Contao installation.

New user

Again: the DocumentRoot of your VirtualHost for your domain needs to point to the /web folder of the Contao installation.
    My customer want that main domain point to root of the web site: maindomain.de/ and to main index.htm file. From this index file I have to create two links for two web sites. One is my new Contao and customer want this new web site with next path in address bar: maindomain.de/Contao, second domain's path is: maindomain.de/Secondwebsite. In this case /Contao and /Secondwebsite are root folders for both web sites. Early, with old Contao 3.5 first domain: maindomain.de/Contao worked normal, because of that old Contao 3.5 have to point directly to installation folder /Contao, but now, with new Contao 4.7 I have to create new path: maindomain.de/Contao4.7/web. In my case this link not work, and that is my all problem.

This does not work with Contao 4. Your Contao 4 installation needs its own domain.

New user

This does not work with Contao 4. Your Contao 4 installation needs its own domain.
    Aaaa
    OK Spooky, thank you for your support and for your patience with Contao amateurs like me.
    Best Regards