Thread: Hosting recommendations

Default Hosting recommendations

Hi,

could you give me advice which hosting company to choose for Contao?

I need to open a hosting account for different projects, so I need hosting for more domains. I researched the most popular, but I am not sure how Contao friendly they are. Usually it states they are Contao ready, but I don't know is that true or it is a selfmarketing. E.g. Namecheap has Contao 1-click install but when I went to their cPanel it is Contao 3.5 XD

Later I tried to install contao on my main domain, but I can't set up document root on main domain to public_html/web

I am trying now with Hostpapa, but with first steps, they managed to mess up my account, so there is no cpanel in my dashboard and no registered domain. Now, while I am waiting techsupport to install it, I am thinking maybe there is a better choice.

My preferences would be Europe based servers and I don't know is there option between Plesk/cPanel to choose?

What do you use?

You might want to check this list of hosters that should work with the Contao Manager and Contao 4: https://github.com/contao/contao-manager/wiki

I also have personal experience with some of them.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

Thanks. I checked the list you point me to.

But, I decided to use one local provider in Bosnia since I have experience with them and several successful Contao projects.

It is not resource-rich as international services like godaddy, namecheap, hostpapa etc. but at least I know it does a job.
    Last edited by tetrijeb; 06/02/2020 at 11:40.