Thread: Contao 4.12 install - Symlinks disabled

New user

Default Contao 4.12 install - Symlinks disabled

Trying to do a clean install of 4.12 as it's the newest version available in the contao-manager.phar. I'm running into the following error:

--
    In ContaoSetupCommand.php line 131:

An error occurred while executing the "/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin/ph
    p.cagefs -dmemory_limit=-1 /home/spiresj/DRS/contao/vendor/contao/manager-b
    undle/bin/contao-console contao:symlinks web --env=prod --no-ansi" command:

contao:setup
    Script @php vendor/bin/contao-setup handling the post-install-cmd event returned with error code 1
    # Process terminated with exit code 1
    # Result: General error

--

Ran the command in Terminal and received the following error:

--- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Symlink Target / Error
    --- ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ✔ system/themes/flexible vendor/contao/core-bundle/src/Resources/contao/themes/flexible
    ✔ web/assets assets
    ✔ web/system/themes system/themes
    ✔ system/logs var/logs
    ✘ web/vendor/scrivo/highlight_php/styles Failed to create "symbolic" link from "../../../../vendor/scrivo/highlight.php/styles" to "/home/spiresj/DRS/contao/web/vendor/scrivo/highlight_php/styles": symlink() has been disabled for security reasons

Not sure I know any shared host that's going to allow symlinks as it's a security risk. Is there a work around? Something else going on?

Thank you.

New user

FYI, here is the output as to how far it gets in the installation process, should it be helpful.
    [Dropbox Text File] https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l9w466thr...lText.txt?dl=0

New user

I'm running into the same issue when installing 4.9 (LTS). I've not seen this issue in the past on the same server configuration.
    When I Confirm & Close, it takes me to the Contao Manager like all is complete. I see this issue again when I attempt to install a package.

Please advise. Thank you.