Thread: Contao Manager has hung up

New user

Default Contao Manager has hung up

******* I could not wait for help so I just removed everything and restarted with a new web hotel. Now it works************

Hello,

When I try to start Contao Manager it only gives me a beige window without text. I found the instruction below but do not understand it.
    I ended up deleting the directory for Contao Manager (since I read that it can be installed again).
    The file task.json I was unable to find. Can you help?

"The Contao Manager has “hung up”
    If the Contao Manager stops responding, the console output window does not close, or after a reload of the manager page or after a reload of the manager page you always get the same output, delete the file contao-manager in the directory task.json. delete the file task.json."

I had better add that this is a new installation with Contao 4.9* and from what I understand the newest Contao Manager. I am a long time user (not a data base expert) of Contao 3.* (way back to Typolight) but recently thought I would try the newer version. Have not worked with Contao Manager before so feel quite lost here.
    The first installation worked perfectly and I used the Contao Manager to install a template. Then I added a Cookiebox function. That did not work and after that the Contao Manager did not work either, so I cannot uninstall it.
    Last edited by Mariannee; 08/30/2022 at 16:12. Reason: Solved it