Thread: MetaModels German forum

User

Default MetaModels German forum

What I wonder... Why is there a German forum on this module?
    We want contao to be international right? Why not communicate in English. Always.

User

And apparently nobody is following up on this extension either...
    No respons on this post, also placed a question in another, no repsonse there either.

What is the problem actually?
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

I asked in another topic how to install this module, if there are any tips on this. Since it is not in the repository.
    But no repsonse.

And I also find it strange that most communication is in German, if you want the system (contao) to grow and spread, speaking in native tongue is not the best way to achieve that.
    It just seems that there is so little documentation on this module, even though it is an important one for the cms.

Quote Originally Posted by lostrisq View Post
    how to install this module
    • Open the back end module "Extension manager"
    • Click on the "Install extension" link
    • Enter "composer" as the name of the extension
    • Proceed with the further installation steps
    • Click on the "Install Composer" button
    • On the "Migration" page just leave the default settings and click on the "Do migration" button
    • Click on the "Update packages" button (two times)
    • Enter in the search field the package name "metamodels/core"
    • Mark the package to install
    • Choose version "1.1.x-dev" and mark package to install
    • Click on the "Update packages" button
    • Click on the "Update database" button
    • Enter in the search field the package name "metamodels/bundle_all"
    • Mark the package to install
    • Choose version "1.0.1" and mark package to install
    • Click on the "Update packages" button
    • Click on the "Update database" button
    • Done

HTH
    → Support options

User

This sure helps :-)
    Thank you very much.

I never worked with this composer before.

For contao 3 I need the 1.1.x indeed, but I can't get it to work, it stays red in the package manager. It does say conflicts contao/core 3.0.
    Metamodels/bundle_all is installed fine.

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

If you have problems with composer you can try to install it manually. Get a nightly here https://now.metamodel.me/en/resources/nightly-builds. Watch out that the Contao 3 nightly works up to Contao 3.2.xxx not with C 3.3.xxx. MM version 2.xxx comming up next should work with all Contao versions. Don't forget a DB update after installing manually.

Sorry for missing english translation. Meanwhile you can try to translate this one http://de.contaowiki.org/MetaModels . Maybe you will find someone who is willing to translate it to english for all.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

MetaModels 1.1.x (or "contao3") is not compatible with Contao 3.0.x (conflicts "contao/core": "3.0.*").

What version of Contao do you have installed actually?
    → Support options

User

I have version 3.3.1 installed

No chance with nightly for C3 on C3.3.1. I myself downgraded a 3.3.1 installation to 3.2.x to get it to work. You have to wait for MM 2.

https://github.com/MetaModels/DC_General/issues/138 This ticket is a bug and closed as we are waiting for MM 2.

You can try the nightly MM 2 sneak preview. Tickets for MM2 are welcome.

You can try to remove the static in here https://github.com/contao/core/blob/...ller.php#L2312 if you get the error from above ticket. But this is no solution.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

User

Quote Originally Posted by lostrisq View Post
    What I wonder... Why is there a German forum on this module?
    We want contao to be international right? Why not communicate in English. Always.
    Who is "we" ?

As i know, Leo Feyer has no plans to expand worldwide.
    But if you like to do your part in your region you can do so.
    Just keep in mind the licence Model.

I tell you this because i do live also in a territory outside of Germany, Switzerland or Austia.
    And i got same answer in German Community (but my mother tongue is German).

Keep in mind that Contao is not a project as Ubuntu who has a big international company in the back.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ciaobello View Post
    Who is "we" ?

As i know, Leo Feyer has no plans to expand worldwide.
    As I know, Contao's principal information website (contao.org) is in english... and contao.de redirects to contao.org/en/. So why not the forum ?

But if you like to do your part in your region you can do so.
    Just keep in mind the licence Model.
    I'm personally using it in France so my clients are using Contao. And that's not as simple in front of famous blog/cms like WP, Joomla etc they have heard...

We, in France, have a -for the moment ? - little but hopefully active and helpful community. By chance, some of us speak german so they can help in finding and translating answers from the german forum or the gihub when in german. And we have french website and forum. So we are making our part... But having to go to the de forum for answers or having to wait for minimal english documentation for trying/learning Metamodels is a big difficulty.

Keep in mind that Contao is not a project as Ubuntu who has a big international company in the back.
    Is it the goal so is it the problem ? No. When we ask in english on the github or on the .de forum, we have answers in english. So it could be possible to privilegiate english speaking. So we could help more in and from our local communities.

User

Quote Originally Posted by charled View Post
    As I know, Contao's principal information website (contao.org) is in english... and contao.de redirects to contao.org/en/. So why not the forum ?
    Contao.org is maintained by Leo Feyer. The DE-Comunity is "still" maintained by Contao enthusiasts from the DACH Region (D=Germany A=Austria CH=Switzerland). But if you really ask in English also in the DE Forum, there are always persons who give you answer. The German Community is and was always the bigger/stronger community. On the Associations Page there it is a goal mentioned to enter in the international field. What ever that means ...

So, as long it is as it is, it will not change so far. To change this you have just one option, to participate as Association member and help to generate more international Members. Just so you can bring new changes up to wote in favor of the international movement.

I'm personally using it in France so my clients are using Contao. And that's not as simple in front of famous blog/cms like WP, Joomla etc they have heard...

We, in France, have a -for the moment ? - little but hopefully active and helpful community. By chance, some of us speak german so they can help in finding and translating answers from the german forum or the gihub when in german. And we have french website and forum. So we are making our part... But having to go to the de forum for answers or having to wait for minimal english documentation for trying/learning Metamodels is a big difficulty.
    I see the effort. As long the creators of Extentions not do it so consequently to do all the Documentations in English, it is again the community who has to bring the effort to do in own language or at least in English.

Is it the goal so is it the problem ? No. When we ask in english on the github or on the .de forum, we have answers in english. So it could be possible to privilegiate english speaking. So we could help more in and from our local communities.
    Yes, I agree. Just the answer is the same as for the first argument.