Thread: Is there an extension that uses Flowplayer

User

Default Is there an extension that uses Flowplayer

Hi,

As far as I can work out there was an old extension that used Flowplayer called ce-multimedia, but this is no longer available.

I have searched the repository - but I am still unsure if there is a current extension that utilises Flowplayer.

http://flowplayer.org/

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks,

Gary.

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Default Re: Is there an extension that uses Flowplayer

Christian de la Haye has developed a flowplayer extension that he used as example in his workshop at the user meeting. You were not able to find it in the Extension Repository, because there is no english translation yet.

http://www.typolight.org/erweiterung...yer.19.de.html

The link will take you to the german repository listing. You might also find the extension in the TYPOlight back end by searching for "christian" in the author drop-down menu.

User

Perfect!!

Many thanks Leo.

User

Hi Leo,

Do you know if the developer Christian is likely to read the new English forum and I can communicate with him here.

The extension is not producing W3C valid code at the moment, but only due to a very minor error, as the javascript script tag does not have a type attribute.

I have been looking for an opportunity to give something back to the TL community, and as I am not a developer opportunities are rare, but maybe this is one of them. What is involved in releasing an English version and could I assist in this. I am not a German speaker but would be happy to provide translated documents if that is what is required.

Thanks,

Gary,

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Christian does not speak English, I am afraid. You should still post your detailed question here, maybe someone else knows the answer or can translate the question and pass it on to him.

New user

Hi Gary,

yes, he does

You are right, the type was missing. I just fixed it. Leo isn't right with my language skills I'm afraid :D I don't speak English too well, but I think it will be enough to communicate here. But it sure is a bit rusty....

Greetings,

Christian

BTW: Do I have to add an English version to my extensions or can this be done by anybody else? I normally add the english files containing german text - just to let them be there.
    "Read the source, Luke"

Core developer
    Official Contao Team

Quote Originally Posted by christian
    Leo isn't right with my language skills I'm afraid :D
    I am so sorry!!! Don't know what made me think it ops:

User

Hi Christian,

Thanks for going to the effort of replying in English.

Flowplayer in the leading open source media player, so a good fit with Typolight.

It is a shame it is not in the English extension repository and I would help in any way I can in completing the work necessary to get it there. Unfortunately I do not know what is involved or the process we need to go through.

I am not a developer so cannot contribute to TL with code, but I'm keen to help where I can.

Gary.

Experienced user

Doublespark / Christian / Leo --

I actually wrote Ben an email along these lines recently. If there is any way for us English speakers to assist in translating extensions for non-english speaking developers, please count me in! Like Doublespark, I'm also not a developer, but I am familiar with the language configuration files that come with each module/extension.

I don't speak German either, but I think that when you consider that we are mostly translating single words, short phrases and sentences, and also since we are familiar with the context since we all use Typolight, we could plug in the German language version into a tool like Google Translator, and use our judgment to make sure the translation makes sense and clean it up when necessary.

Maybe not perfect, but I think it would work well enough -- definitely better than nothing.

I work full-time and have to watch my daughter on some nights and weekends, so I don't have a ton of free time, but I'm good for 2-3 translations a week.

Thanks!
    Brian
    Brian

New user

Flow player English language files (please note the translation was done online). Unzip and upload files to Flowplayer Module > Language folder. This overwrites "en" folder.

User

Thanks asap, just the job!!

New user

Does anyone know how to open the player in a "flowing" window like the lightbox does?

I would like to have an image and when it's clicked the player opens up in a "lightbox"-way and starts playing the movie. Is that possible?

Stefan