Thread: Migrating a website from one typolight installation to anoth

New user

Default Migrating a website from one typolight installation to anoth

Migrating a website from one typolight installation to another
    Hello,
    I'm looking for tips & ticks on how to move a website from one typolight installation to another.
    The problem with creating a new template is that it will erase the other data.

User

Default Re: Migrating a website from one typolight installation to anoth

If you want 1:1 copy, just copy your database. I use phpmyadmin to manage my databases, it allows you to export all database tables and data from one database and restore it in another database. After copying, just run install.php and enter correct database name.
    S.C.A.R.E

New user

That is actually the prolem.
    I want to copy only 1 website root with overwriting my new database.

Example:

On install 1 I've got:
    Website A
    Website B
    Website C

On install 2 I've got:
    Website D
    Website E
    Website F

What I want is to move website A to install 2 without losing Websites D,E & F.

User

Well, that is quite a big problem, because you need to maintain reference integrity between pages, articles and content elements. Imagine that you have page id 1 in both site A and site D. You would need to change page id for site A, but you need to change pid for articles in this page too, because otherwise they would be displayed as belonging to page in site D.

Currently there is no tool for such migrations (AFAIK), so you would need to work on database level. I would personally select all pages, articles and content elements belonging to site A, then change all their ids so they wouldn't clash with ids in sites D, E, F by adding 1000 (or 10 000) - of course all pids would need to be changed too - and then I would import it into database again. There is more, of course, if you use modules in install 1 that you don't use in install 2, you need to create them and map their ids, also change ids in links in content elements ... well, seems to be a lot of work Good luck
    S.C.A.R.E

User

Quote Originally Posted by scare
    Well, that is quite a big problem, because you need to maintain reference integrity between pages, articles and content elements. Imagine that you have page id 1 in both site A and site D. You would need to change page id for site A, but you need to change pid for articles in this page too, because otherwise they would be displayed as belonging to page in site D.

Currently there is no tool for such migrations (AFAIK), so you would need to work on database level
    please see my answer to this post
    and attached diagrams ...

Quote Originally Posted by scare
    well, seems to be a lot of work
    Yes it was :D
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it