Thread: [solved] errors with gallery in be list

New user

Default [solved] errors with gallery in be list

Hi,
    i am using the gallery module with typolight 2.7.2 on an red hat enterprise server with fast-cgi php 5.1.6. The gallery module works fine, except the listing of galleries in the backend.
    The error msg is:

Code:
    [Wed Jun 24 12:05:11 2009] [error] [client 131.x.x.x] Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to
    allocate 22370 bytes), referer: http://www.blabla.de/preview/typolig...php?do=gallery
    [Wed Jun 24 12:05:11 2009] [error] [client 131.x.x.x] Premature end of script headers: main.php, referer: http://www.blabla.de/preview/typolig...php?do=gallery
    As a workaround i disabled the preview of the images in the backend by
    Code:
    ModuleGallery.php, Line 109
    if (TL_MODE == 'FE')¶
    {¶
        $subfiles = scan(TL_ROOT . '/' . $file);¶
        $this->arrAux = array();¶
        $this->parseMetaFile($file);¶
    }¶
    Any idea on this?

Experienced user

Default Re: errors with gallery in be list

You need PHP 5.2 minimum for TL.
    http://www.typolight.org/system-requirements.html

This looks like an internal error. Nothing from TL is complaining, as any TL code will be trapped by the "display errors" option in the settings and it will confirm which line and module of the code is at fault. None of these message are being displayed. These are memory, timeout, etc errors.

Exactly how big are your images? You should NOT upload photo print quality at all.

New user

The images have a resolution of 600x400 pixels.

I can't enable the "show errors option" because then i get an browser error message: "wrong content encoding". But there a no errors in the logs/error.log.

The hoster is a computing centre of a german university. They are using RHES, which provides only php 5.1.6. I can't do anything about it.

Experienced user

Well since TL 5.2 is the minimum requirement, there is nothing you can do about that either! Hope you come right.

None of these errors you mention should be happening, so this is purely and installation and configuration problem and has nothing to do with the gallery extension.

New user

Ok. So i have to change the hoster

Very annoying that this requirement was changed on the requirements-page only in may 09, since it is known since 2/08. :x

But thats not your fault, thanks for the module which works great on my test system

Experienced user

Well I'm glad you like it. When you done testing, why not also rate it in the repository. Thanks.