Thread: Imageslider - Radio box for multiple selection?

User

Default Imageslider - Radio box for multiple selection?

Hi, I found some time for a little fun this afternoon and was trying out "Imageslider" - I have installed as per instructions but I can only select one image - as the image selection in the BE uses radio boxes.

I am using TL 2.7.2

Is this correct, am I missing the obvious or just going plain crazy?

User

Default Re: Imageslider - Radio box for multiple selection?

Hi Doublespark,

i know this message is old but i will answer it for people who might also have this question.

The src selection of images is being made with radio buttons but you can select single files or folders which then is one element. After that you create another element and select a src and so on.

Experienced user

Hi Sabri,

While you are here, I wanted to make a feature request regarding imageslider.

I like how you define your sets of images in the imageslider section, but was wondering if you would consider moving the configuration options for how they actually DISPLAY (duration, transitions, etc.) into where you define the module or content element.

The logic is, a user may have one set of images that they wish to display differently depending on what page they are on. In my example, I have a set of logos that I want to fade in and out on the home page, but on sub pages I just want one at random. But I also don't want to make the user have to maintain two separate imagesliders (or a separate random image element) for this.

For now, I added a quick hack to not play when you are on a subpage, and it works fine, but I think it might be a nice feature in the future.

Also, I came across what may be a bug in IE6 and IE7 last night. I didn't have time to investigate, and I had to hack a fix for the client to review, so I can't show you an example at the moment. But what happened was I had two imagesliders defined on the page, and in the second one, the images were misaligned to the right and partially cut off by the mask. I had to add an IE-only CSS style applying a negative margin to #elements2 to fix it.

It could be something I did with my CSS, so I will investigate more. If you need more information, I'll try to put up a test page and retrace my steps for you to look at next week.
    Brian

User

Hi Medianomaly,

thanks for your feedback.

I really like your idea of configuring the module where you create it
    so i will try to integrate that in the next version.

About the bug with multiple Imagesliders please keep me updated because it seems
    that the code i made is not working with every configuration and i would like to find out why.

Best regards
    Sabri