Thread: Catalog ext list menu !

Default Catalog ext list menu !

Hello there !
    I'm using typolight 2.7 and the catalog Ext.
    I did a catalog list module and i customized a tpl in order to have a list of my products in a menu, but i didn't manage to get it to work as a typolight menu with "active" and "trail" things.
    for the moment, it's "hard coded" but doesn't work like i want.

any idea to implement the navigation functionnality to this ?

thanks

Experienced user

Default Re: Catalog ext list menu !

You can use the page_id as your category and then use pages are your categories. You can then create a catalog list that auto-filters on the inserttag {{env:age_id}} which will filter your catalog just for that page. You can place the module into the page layout, so you don't have to add it to every page as well. Then you'rre free to add specials to each page, or make another Featured module that also uses the page_id to filter. This is a great way to create categories as you simply use a standard TL navigation module to generate the page links as your categories.

User

I have a similar question, which I think also speaks to this issue of creating menus from categories, but for the life of me I can't figure out.

In my case I have a main menu I am working with:
    http://67.227.187.43/index.php/home.html

under Wedding Professionals I want it to list the categories, as I have done, but I can't figure out how to present the sorted cats in the menu ... does that make sense?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the great work on this extension!
    Cheers,

--- Link removed according to the forum rules ---
    Follow me on Twitter

Experienced user

You can use the FILTER module to retrieve the items and then write a custom filter template to write it out in MENU format. Its a lot of work to understand this, so be patient with yourself.