Thread: Main Article Not showing after published. MSIE 8.0 Windows

New user

Default Main Article Not showing after published. MSIE 8.0 Windows

I have a website that the main article is not showing in MSIE 8.0 Windows XP on one computer and on another it shows up fine in Internet Explorer. Has anyone else experienced this and what might cause the problem.

I have uploaded a screen shot of the one missing.

I have checked it on Safari and Firefox and have had no problems. I was wondering if it is a problem with the computer. I have the same site loaded on TL 6.7 and have no problems on the computer that is missing the information on TL 7.2.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
    Don

New user

Default Re: Main Article Not showing after published

Hi Don, sorry I can't help but it must be specific to the Pro version of IE (which I had not heard of until reading your post). Have you checked the page using browsershots or similar to see if it occurs on other browsers?

Curious to see if anyone knows what this is about.

Cheers

Mark

New user

Default Re: Main Article Not showing after published

No, I haven't checked it on that site but I will now. I was unaware of it. Thank you for the heads up.

Don

New user

Default Re: Main Article Not showing after published. MSIE 8.0 Windows

So simple but easy to miss. I talked with Ben - who was a great help. Thanks Ben.

The problem I had was not the publishing of the article it was the size of the breadcrumb and images. I like to keep things uniform and made the breadcrumb the same with as the area. However, it seems that MSIE8 doesn't like that. It needs about 3 pixels of space for it to show up. So all I had to do is make the breadcrumb and picture width smaller.

So if you run across this problem check the breadcrumb in the style sheet or the size of a picture.

Experienced user

Default Re: Main Article Not showing after published. MSIE 8.0 Windows

Don,

It was nice chatting with you the other day. It threw me for a loop a few years ago when articles wouldn't show up in IE. One thing that also works is changing column margins (right, left) to be 17px instead of 20px. This way, you can maintain precise image widths of 500px instead of 497px.