Thread: Multiple websites and aliases?

New user

Default Multiple websites and aliases?

Hi there,

I've seen it mentioned in the forum that you can define multiple websites in TL and, with a bit of digging, I've found out that this is done using a 'root' page, and set up two websites.

Both websites have a similar page structure, with similarly-named pages, but I've found that I can't use the same alias for pages that are in separate sites (e.g. the home page in website 'A' has an alias of 'home' which means that I can't use an alias of 'home' in website 'B'.

Is this right or is there something I need to do to enable this?

I'm using 2.7.2 BTW.

Cheers,
    Paul.

Default Re: Multiple websites and aliases?

There is no way to accomplish this as aliases are global. But you might find another alias (like "index")?

New user

Thanks for confirming that flob - at least I know to stop banging my head against a brick wall! :lol:

So I guess, the only way to accomplish what I want is to have a separate TL install for each website. :|

Cheers,
    Paul.

New user

Hi,
    actually there is a way to use the same aliases in different page roots. You just have to define a (sub-)domain per root, e.g. www.my-nice-website.com/index.html, fr.my-nice-website.com/index.html and de.my-nice-website.com/index.html. www.my-nice-french-site.com/index.html and www.my-nice-german-site.com/index.html would also work in one TL-installation.
    Greetings,

Christian
    "Read the source, Luke"