Thread: Problem with PHP 5.2.10 or what?

New user

Default Problem with PHP 5.2.10 or what?

Since my host upgraded PHP to 5.2.10 I receive the following error when trying to use the Filemanager in the backend as well as editing content including images. Cannot create new content with images either. Have tried the most recent version of typolight as well as the previous version.

The error message:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10368 bytes) in /customers/hortikulturen.org/hortikulturen.org/httpd.www/system/libraries/Controller.php on line 762

This is becoming a critical problem and I need a solution quick or I need to switch tho a different host. (Currently working with www.one.com)

I appreciate all advice in this matter.
    Thanks

User

Default Re: Problem with PHP 5.2.10 or what?

Looks for me that this is a memory problem. Obviously a script consumes too much memory. Maybe your provider changed the php.ini settings and granted less memory for PHP? But I am wondering a bit because you have 24 MB available memory and TL does not consum that much memory...
    Is it a page that uses XML generation? Then 24 MB may be too less.

Hej då,

Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender

User

Ah,

if you're using TYPOlight 2.7.2, line 762 of Controller.php is

Code:
    $strSourceImage = imagecreatefromjpeg(TL_ROOT . '/' . $image);
    which means that an image is converted. Could it be that this is a BIG image? In that case the memory may be insufficient too.

Best,
    Helmut
    Blackmail's such an ugly word. I prefer extortion -- the "x" makes it sound cool.
    -- Bender

New user

Thanks for your reply, Helmut.
    I've been thinking about this too, but this error occurs even when I try to start the filemanager in the backend (i.e. http://www/typolight/main.php?do=files). I have also removed all image files from the tl_files directory that I have added lately to see if this could solve the problem, but no postive effects.
    I run to other typolight sites at another host (byethost.com) whith no such problem.

Thanks
    Hans

New user

Default Re: Problem with PHP 5.2.10 or what? -SOLVED

I found the reason to this error. There was a large file (400Mb+) hidden in the file system that generated the error. Thanks for your help.

Hans