Thread: custom html code stripping code!

New user

Default custom html code stripping code!

hi,
    i am trying to embed quicktime movies into a clients typolight website (they insist on quicktime!)
    The only way i thought to do this would be to paste the code exported by quicktime into a custom html code module or element.
    However, in both module and element mode, typolight is stripping out the embed code and only leaving the param code as below. This is stopping the quicktime movie showing or playing -

ORIGINAL CODE
    <!--
    QT_WritePoster_XHTML('Click to Play', 'tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live-poster.jpg',
    'tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live.mov',
    '500', '301', '',
    'controller', 'true',
    'autoplay', 'true',
    'bgcolor', 'black',
    'scale', 'aspect');
    //-->

<object width="500" height="301" classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
    <param name="src" value="tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live-poster.jpg" />
    <param name="href" value="tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live.mov" />
    <param name="target" value="myself" />
    <param name="controller" value="true" />
    <param name="autoplay" value="true" />
    <param name="scale" value="aspect" />
    <embed width="500" height="301" type="video/quicktime" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"
    src="tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live-poster.jpg"
    href="tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live.mov"
    target="myself"
    controller="false"
    autoplay="false"
    scale="aspect">
    </embed>

</object>

STRIPPED OUT CODE AFTER SAVING IN EITHER A CUSTOM HTML CODE MODULE OR ELEMENT.
    <!--
    QT_WritePoster_XHTML('Click to Play', 'tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live-poster.jpg',
    'tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live.mov',
    '500', '301', '',
    'controller', 'true',
    'autoplay', 'true',
    'bgcolor', 'black',
    'scale', 'aspect');
    //-->

<object width="500" height="301" classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
    <param name="src" value="tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live-poster.jpg" />
    <param name="href" value="tl_files/music_academy/friday%20night%20live.mov" />
    <param name="target" value="myself" />
    <param name="controller" value="true" />
    <param name="autoplay" value="true" />
    <param name="scale" value="aspect" />

</object>

i.e. no embed code in the last example.

Basically, is there a way to paste the code that quicktime spits out into typolight, so that no code is stripped out?
    As the client will add movies in the future, i can't expect them to start digging into code just to show a movie.
    Any help would be great.

thanks in advance,

regards,

Dave

Experienced user

Default Re: custom html code stripping code!

add <embed> as an allowed html tag in the settings, otherwise it is stripped out :D

New user

hi,
    thanks that has solved the problem of the stripped out code.
    However, the movies is showing but not playing.......hmmmmm.
    All tags seem to be there, permissions seem to be ok - 755 for testing, back to 644 proper.

The movie works locally, but not on the webspace.
    Uploaded all files -
    .mov, .m4v files and added html code to typolight module.
    I've added .mov and.m4v to the setup as allowed file extensions.
    Accessing the movie via direct url works, so it seems like through typolight i'm missing something.

Is there something missing -
    http://goldmindsmedia.com/test.html

Any help would be great.

thanks in advance,

Dave

Experienced user

don't know, but why don't you use jwplayer (as in all the other movie links on your site that do work)?
    i'm pretty sure it plays mov.

New user

thanks for the reply.
    They don't like the player as it has the branding (can be got rid of with the commercial license), but they also don't like the video like url that the player shows at the end of a video, ala youtube.
    At the moment the quicktime video works through the direct url to the file, the urls in the code are correct and it works locally, just not through typolight. Thus, just need to work out why not.
    I've added file formats in settings for .m4v and .mov files.
    If all else fails, then a quick and dirty iframe in a custom html block will have to do!

A quick and easy way to have all video hosting possibilities would be good (local, remote, all video formats.)

regards,

Dave

New user

hi,
    just found the player can't accept quicktime as it doesn't show in the list of files available to choose (i've added .mov, .m4v files to all allowed file types in settings, made sure permissions are correct on the files.)

I can't seem to work out why the quicktime movie will not play through typolight, as it works via the direct url.
    If anyone could shed some light on this, that would be fantastic.

regards,

Dave

User

Hi Dave,

try FireBug extension and watch which files the plugin tries to download and if there is 404 response for the request.
    S.C.A.R.E

New user

hi,
    thanks for the response.
    Downloaded firebug but nothing seems to show as to what plagins it tries to download.
    Quicktime is ok on my machine as the quicktime movie works fine locally and to the direct url on the webspace.
    Just odd how it won't play through typolight.
    Apart from a custom html element or module, can't see a way to add a quicktime movie apart from a text/image link to the file, but the client wants them to play on the page........clients!

Tried adding via the html editor but the same results.
    A bit stuck now...........!

regards,

Dave

New user

hi all,
    tried over the weekend to solve the quicktime movie not playing, but to no avail.
    At this point the only way to get them to play would be to have a text or image link that brings up a popup with the quicktime movies embeded in its own dedicated html file, which sort of defeats the object of having a CMS.

If anyone has any experience using Quicktime movies in typolight, then any help would be fantastic.

regards,

Dave

User

Hi Dave, could you set up a test site so that we could check what might be the problem?
    S.C.A.R.E

New user

hi,
    thanks for the reply.
    Can't really setup a test site as the client ordered the webspace and not got any more myself.
    Any other way to test other than setting up another version of the site?

regards,

Dave

User

So could you create a page on your client's website with quicktime player?
    S.C.A.R.E

New user

hi,
    please follow this link for page with quicktime movie -
    http://www.goldmindsmedia.com/test.html

The quicktime movie is setup by adding the html code that quicktime pro spits out to a custom html block, then added to a page element.
    In both IE and firefox, the movie only shows the first frame.
    Tried to insert via the media player on the other pages, but typolight doesn't shwo the .mov or .m4v files.
    I have added them to the lists in settinga in typolight, but it looks like typolight can't see the file types.
    Permissions are at 755 for the above files simply to make sure i can def. view them.
    If you wonder why not use the media player with .flv's, it is due to the client only having the output of quicktime and it is what they are used to.....................ahem!

Hope this helps and thanks in advance.

regards,

Dave

New user

hi,
    i have tried to make the quicktime file play by having a plain text link bring up a popu window with a plain html file with the embeded code from quicktime pro.
    This however, is doing the same as the embedded version, looking like it has paused at the first frame.
    I thought this method would at least work as it is a plain html file.
    http://goldmindsmedia.com/test.html
    All i can think is typolight is some how stopping the playing of the file or the web host is stopping the file playing, this i don't think as ther file will play if you go straight to the url.

Any help would be great on this.

regards,

Dave

User

Could you try removing .htaccess file from root directory (you need to disable friendly urls first)?
    S.C.A.R.E