Thread: TL 5000+ members performance

New user

Default TL 5000+ members performance

Actually we have a community with 5500+ members that runs on a dedicated server (MySQL5 database) and meanwhile we get the impression that the backend really lacks performance if we visit the members section (about 30 to 40 seconds until we see the members overview, even if we display only 30 members). The other parts of the cms run without any problems (the frontend is also very fast).

Are there any other projects out there that have member communities within that range? Do they experience the same problem?

I have to add that we extended the members section with some further fields and we are not sure whether this might be the reason for the poor members performance.

Thanks for exchanging your experiences!

Kind regards
    Thorsten

Experienced user

Default Re: TL 5000+ members performance

I believe Yoan has some very large sites running on TYPOlight. You should check with him.

Default Re: TL 5000+ members performance

Hi Thorsten,

The biggest amount I've dealt with is over 3300 at one time and we have no performance problems.

Do your extra fields utilize any custom load callbacks? It seems strange that even viewing 30 at a time would significantly affect the performance....

Regards,

Fred